The perpetual CHAT thread(without flames)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by drab, May 23, 2003.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ohh... no wonder. I was thinking how did that happen. :D

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Guess what... I tried to play Warcraft 3 with the newly installed OS, and that error is back again. So, now I'm really not sure. Maybe it's the memory problem or something... Damn! :wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... Time to bring out Memtest86! :D

4. Brian

Brian Newbie

maybe yes according to Sigmund Freud, the famous psychoanalyst

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And how do I do that? I downloaded from the website but I can't see any instruction on how to use it. :think:

---> Edited: Found the one for windows already. Do I have to take any precaution?

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

no precaution needed.. it won't kill your system. just load it up on a bootdisk and run...

however, beware. it takes quite some hours to run all the test

7. Nerd@133FSB

Nerd@133FSB Newbie

It actually last an average of 5 hours....

That day i booted up the tests n put it on 'ALL TESTS' and went shopping....

It was still not finished when i returned!! :shock:

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

you should try running all 11 tests on 1GB ram...........15 hours+ :shock:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow! Why you ppl didn't warn me? :doh: I sat in front of the pc for 1/2 hour waiting for it to finish. :snooty:

And then only leave it when I thought this isn't going to end. When I on my pc this afternoon, It has done 88 passes. But still going. Is this normal or what? I just press Esc and restart my pc. :D

I ran a standard test and no error of any kind. Hmm... :think:

So, I guess there's no problem right? :D

10. drab

drab Newbie

I like tests,but still prefer the one day matches.more exciting 8)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Err... drab. *pat on his back* You are in the wrong thread. :shhh: :roll: :snooty:

12. drab

drab Newbie

Read the title! :lol:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hahaha... sorry, didn't notice that. :D

My fault... my fault. :wall: :D

14. drab

drab Newbie

O.k.I will change it back now :twisted:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Want to know something... why can't I install Windows98 on my 2nd drive? It said that my bootdrive is ntfs or something... damn! Why? :wall: :wall: :wall:

16. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

hahaha... win98 can't detect ntfs drives... can the hell can it run on one????

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh? Aiya... my 1st drive is ntfs, 2nd drive is fat32... so, the 1st drive is winxp and now i'm trying to install win98 on my fat32 drive. So, if it can't detect ntfs drive during installation, why did it said it can? :think:

Ok... if I were to unplug my 1st drive and install on the 2nd drive... I can't choose which to boot from later right? And now adter formatting my 2nd drive... the 'boot from which os screen' still has 2 winxp to choose from. Damn! :wall: :whistle:

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Err... what are you trying to do? Dual-boot WinXP and Win98?

In that case, first install Win98 on your FAT32 partition and then install WinXP on your NTFS partition. WinXP will autodetect your Win98 installation and offer you a choice between XP and 98 when you boot up.

19. drab

drab Newbie

AARRGGHH...operating sytems have invaded the chat thread :shock: gonna get the baygon..... :shifty:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Like that... but troublesome... have to install winxp again? I just installed win98 on my 2nd drive... and I think I'll use F8 to choose which drive to boot from. No need to reinstall winxp on my 1st drive. Hehe... :dance: