The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Some of you already know, that I'm a big F1 fan. :arp: I don't how many of you watch F1, but it seems drab is one of them. :) Glad that there's some F1 fans around here.

Woohoo! Yes, the horse got it's head back! First and Third! Time for Ferrari to get back its glory!

2. drab

drab Newbie

Tommorow will tell!Fancy the cobblers to do well,though :lol:

3. drab

drab Newbie

vroom vroom :lol:

Attached Files:

4. Werne

Werne Newbie

hey u got another fan here!

great clean lap for mike there except for the exit from the hairpin (dun rmb the name)!

5. drab

drab Newbie

I am hoping that ginseng buttock does well this time.As long as he finishes in front of vilenerve i will be happy.The only time I like frogs is when their legs are on my plate :twisted:

6. Chai

LOL! All those funny names for the drivers! British supporting British driver! I which I could support our own country man, if Mou Yoong (useless) was a lot faster... :)

"The only time I like frogs is when their legs are on my plate"

I wish I can understand this though. :D

Werne: Haha, I don't remember the names as well. All I know is that it's after the 'Vilenerve' chicane. I didn't really see who has the cleanest lap, thanks to the helicopter view. :) But if you notice, Schumacher is not taking a lot of curbs, especially at the chicane before the finish line. That could be the reason why MS was slightly slower at the last sector. I thought MS would be faster than that, but it's fast enough I guess. :)

7. drab

drab Newbie

The french and english have always been in competition to insult each other.we call the french(or their relatives) frogs.they call us horrible names as well.All in friendly fashion(mostly) :lol:(the reason we call the french frogs is because of their habit of eating them) :?

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

As usual, ferrari fans always like to shout out loud, exactly like liverpool fans.
    Mclaren and MU fans are on the same boat. they always keep quiet and celebrate in the end of the season :D

9. drab

drab Newbie

MU fans? is that as in mu cow?

10. Chai

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!!!!!!

Hey, this is F1 thread! No footballs here! :D

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I have to admit that it's almost impossible to read drabo's mind :D
    I have been sitting in front of my monitor for 15mins yet I can't figure it out which club does he support.
    An english who lives in spain.
    Ermmm....ermmm...
    an english who lives in spain and support ferrari..
    ermm...ermmm...
    he called MU fan a cow...
    ermm...he doesn't like MU..
    ermm...he HATES MU very much..
    ermm......catalan giant?

12. Werne

Werne Newbie

hi drab! so ur an englishman living in spain? surprised me, i thought u were spanish! How did u end up in spain? bcos of work?

Chai : I didn't notice whether he was riding the curbs r not as i am watiching the italian feed n i think malaysia is getting the itv feed, right?
    So not sure whether we're seeing the same feed or not.....but anyways, Schu sr. first 2 sectors were very smooth and decisive! The smoothest of all, after seeing all the other cars.......As for the third, i guess getting the car to cross the finish line is a lot better than crashing out...hehe

13. se7en

se7en Newbie

All i can say is the iceman is gonna pull out another one out of the hat today. Sometimes i wish mclaren dumped DC and kept hakkinen instead.

14. Chai

Yup, now everyone should get the same feed, since there's no more Digital coverage. I really don't know what happened in third sector, he seems to be very slow. According to him, he was not risking it with the margin he opened in the first 2 sectors. But 0.01 seconds, that was close. :) I think he deserves to win this race, being the fastest all weekend.

se7en: Mclaren did try to keep Hakinnen. It was totally his own decision. Coulthard is an OK driver. He's quite consistent, but not a consistent winner though. And yes, the Mclaren may surprise us today.

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hey! Mclaren didn't dump MK!! He made the decision to leave mclaren, not because Mclaren kicked him out.

16. drab

drab Newbie

Soon find out,wont we?2hrs to go :!:

17. se7en

se7en Newbie

Mika decided to take a year sabatical because DC kept complaining that the team was always giving mika a preference over him during the race. He actually said he wasn't winning races because he was getting the second rate treatment compared to mika. That year that mika underperformed, it was the car and also ferrari's superiority that made him look bad. Read around the F1 (especially mclaren based) forums and you will know that if there was one driver in the F1 circuit that everybody liked, it was Mika, and there was only one person who was not too happy with mika being around, DC.

Now with kimi in the team, DC is still the one coming out behind. Yes, he is very consistent, and he drives a very quiet race, but that doesn't win you championships. Driving the car to the limit will.

18. drab

drab Newbie

Got to give schumacher credit,did it again 8)

19. Chai

I've seen his interview about why Hakinnen decided to retire. It was really nothing about rivalry between Hakinnen and Coulthard. Hakinnen has nothing left to prove in F1, he has to WDC in his hands, A lovely family plus a cute baby boy, Hugo. Why risk his life any further. His body language says it all in Monaco 2002, when he told Ron Dennis he decided to quit. I didn't make this up. This is what he said in the interview.

Yes, well done MS! He performed extremely well, especially under this sort of circumstances.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But raikonen is not bad too. Consistent enough. If he keeps up the 1/2 position all season. Wow... ;) Impossible I know.

Do you know where's Hakkinen now? I heard he's into Rally now. Saw it at the mamak's Astro. Didn't hear what it says though.

Still I love Hakkinen, the friendliest F1 driver ever. :lol:

I prefer to associate Mclaren with Arsenal... hehe. :D