The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

As I have always been, I did some research on his backgroud before I started 'hating' him. He didn't start racing cars only after 20 years old! What was that man? Michael Schumacher started racing karts at 6! What he does before that was racing boats or something.

He went to Formula Nippon before coming to F1, and he failed to score a single point there! And racing series is much much slower than F1, and he was in a car capable of scoring points. His replacement socred points after a few races. So I expected him to do very badly in F1.

And it proves that Formula Nippon is nothing. The current Ralph Firman was a Formula Nippon Champion! And what happens now, overshadowed by his teammate.

I supported talented people. See what Karamjit Singh has done, at his age, he is still capable of winning! :)

2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

very informative. too ambitious is not good. if you can't do it, better don't do it at all and spare the humiliation.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yeah... have to agree... Karamjit is really good at rally :D superb self-financed sportsman... fully deserved the sportsman of the year award! :D

but as for yoong.... he'd be ok if not of the politics.... sigh... too bad. i mean. at least he'll just be doing whatever he wants and won't bein the limelight.

4. Chai

But seriously, a big disgrace to M'sia. The best way to ask non-M'sians what do they think about AY. But most people would think that he's the 'best' F1 driver you can get in M'sia, and he did so badly. So they would assume that the rest of the M'sians are worse!

That is, if they don't know if it was political decision. The funny thing is, before he started qualifying in Australia last year, I knew AY is not the driver I'm going to support, I expected him to do poorly, and he did. :) I think he has a lot of supporter in M'sia, but by then, I already know is struggling. He's not that bad, but he's just too slow. At least he don't trash all his cars. Surprisingly, he did slightly better in the final few races after being suspended for 3 races, but it was too late. Paul Stodart has decided to sack him already.

5. peaz

those who are to be blamed are the politicians that pushed for the deal... bad move dudes. totally backfired... can see every race.. some drivers will laugh at AY during qualifications... crash right after coming out for the pits... man... sad case but... WHAT TO DO???
    seriously i doubt he even wanted to be there in the 1st place...

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then we should respect his courage. By being out there during every race even though he already knew that jell be last and not more than that. I think that's very courageous of him. I don't think even one of us can do that. :D

7. peaz

well, at that point where u are already FORCED by the ppl 'up there' to go in... you don't really have a choice..

i'd say he'd be more courageous if he just said.. look, I'm not qualified so I won't take the offer up

8. goldfries

there's a difference between courage and stupidity. not implying him directly, not that he's stupid either. we don't know what he's facing. however it would be best he don't take up that challenge, but i guess M'sia wants to be part of everything. what to do.

9. drab

drab Newbie

Thats the spirit :!:

10. Chai

I think they are being over ambitious. We don't even have a proper racing school here. How can you expect to develope a good racing driver here? :roll:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well... that's what our country is good at. :lol: Being overly ambitious. Just like Wawasan 2020 and MSC. I still can't see the results. And BMHS for being Sekolah Something was a joke too. Haha...

But it's good too. Coz if you aim for the stars, you can't reach the stars, you might reach the moon, right? 8)

12. lung

lung Just Started

MSC 'kills' a lot of people. This whole IT-hype thing is killing off everyone. I mean, look at those who just graduated with an IT degree. What are they doing now?

I myself was an IT graduate and I was jobless for like 8 months! :(

The dot-com & IT hype last few years encourage parents to send their children (even when they're not interested, and nope, me not included cause I've always been interested in computers since junior high) to study on IT cause they think it has bright future, with all the hype. But look at what's happening now? Unemployed graduates basically littering the streets.

Anyone remembers the 'Cinta IT' song that they played on local TV last time? That song is such a disgrace to all of us who's into IT! It still haunts me in nightmares... :evil:

Anyway... Back to F1... Alex Yoong shouldn't have ventured into the F1 arena cause he's not even popular with his Formula 3 or his Nippon races...
    I mean, he should've at least establish himself as a popular driver with whatever he was racing... Conclusion? Failed 'experiment'. :?

13. goldfries

yeah. to be good in something you can't rush. they need a proper racing coach and all the training they can get before going into the race circuit.

and about the IT stuff.......and that IT Song ........crap that song doesn't even sound modern in the 1st place, how to reflect IT? LOL.

and the Cyberjaya thing........cause a lot of inconvenience. companies have to shift there. very troublesome to work there, lacking of food too. i'm glad i'm not there. :)

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... the Cinta IT song. Hahaha.... :lol:

That was the worst of the worst. :twisted:

15. goldfries

" IT kita kebanggaan negara.........cinta IT, suka IT..... " well that song grossed me out. at least the F1 ads use better and more modern songs. yeah they're rock music, but at least the suit the theme.

at least you can feel the energy and rush for F1 when they use those songs. the IT song was like........awww man, where did it come from?? Teater Klasik or some 70s style RTM shows?

F1 and Wrestling have songs that suit the mood. the theme.

btw RTM productions has not changed since 20+ yrs ago. hahaha.......

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

NTV7 sets it all. Btw, where did Metrovision go? :)

17. drab

drab Newbie

HARharhar.ginseng buttock got a point.vilenerve out again!Teach him to keep his mouth shut :mad:

18. Chai

I know you are a ginseng buttock fan, but isn't it unfair to compare, when JV retired because of mechanical failure? But I have to agree, JV has big mouth! :twisted:

19. Werne

Werne Newbie

But i have to say tat button has been out-driving that foul-mouthed villenueve in all 4 races this year......well, brazil, he crashed out but he was in front of him.....imola, foul-mouth had mech-failure but button was in front of him b4 the failure so........

20. drab

drab Newbie

Love you werne(platonic of course)To answer the questions you asked last week i arrived in gibraltar nearly twenty years ago to work in the shipyard,in the days when franco was still making life difficult.Took one look at spain and fell in love!been here ever since.Things have changed,of course(new building is crazy here now)But would never leave.Got a slot in the local cemetary paid for!Back on topic!vilenerve has a bad mouth.not half the man his father was 8)