The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You can't really compare father and son. Although his father earned his legend status in merely 5-6 years in F1 before he died (I was only 1 year old then!), but JV did what his father couldn't, winning a WDC. Yeah, he almost won in 1979...

Hey, why am I defending for JV? I dislike him too! :D I didn't really notice the mid runners. :) So I didn't know who is the better driver.

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Alonso is cool. Especially when he won 3rd place after banging into the tyre of some fella I forgot. Cool stuffs! Just crashed into it... BANG! Wow... :lol: 8)

3. lung

lung Just Started

I can't believe you actually remember the lyrics! :shock:

Say anyone remember team Honda-McClaren? I can still picture their red-white F1 car... Whatever happened to them? I stopped watching F1 for a few years then when I 're-joined' the hype, it's already team McClaren-Mercedes...

4. Werne

Werne Newbie

Say tat's easy.....they just stopped racing together......

Honda pulled out of F1 IIRC and after many years joined up with BAR, that's y we hav Bar-honda now.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

"Look at all this useless talk..(austin)WHAT!? Look at all this useless talk..(austin)WHAT!? Look at all this useless talk..(austin)WHAT!?"

hahaha..cool song :D
    anyway, the singer is dead :cry: last year I think. :cry:
    drowning pool :D

6. Chai

Honda quited F1 long before the Mclaren change to West-Mclaren. I know in 1993, they are using Peugeot engine. Malboro quit Mclaren and switched to Ferrari only on 1997.

7. drab

drab Newbie

I can remember stirling moss :!:

8. Chai

I can bet you can't remember which race he won and did he win WDC... :lol: :lol: Stirling Mose is so famous, it's like Senna during my time... :D

9. drab

drab Newbie

Yes i can!no he didn't 8)

10. Chai

I bet you can't remember Alberto Ascari! "crosses finger!" :)

11. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

I bet you can't remember Prost....... :p j/k.

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I bet u can't remember... George Bush.... *whoops*

13. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

I bet you can't remember...........thread. :) really off topic. it's suppose to be F1!! and least Prost is related to F1.

14. peaz

ok back to F1....

do u think they should use electronic controls or not? like traction control etc....

for the good or for the bad?

15. Chai

I know I only started watching in 1999 Sepang, but I know the F1 history a lot better than M'sian History!!! :D I can 'almost' name all the WDC from 1950! :D

Yup, they are still using electronic aids like traction control, launch control. Because they are controlled electronically, and it's very hard to monitor the teams whether they are cheating or not. So they release the ban on Spain 2001. But now they change their mind again, they will ban again next season! :D Stupid FIA... :)

16. lung

lung Just Started

Well it really depends... If they really want to test the skill of the drivers, then they should ban all aids. If they want it to test the technology of the team, then they should allow aids...

But I think without the aids, more accidents will occur... To err is human :)

17. drab

drab Newbie

AIDS is bad kills people :cry: 8)

18. peaz

how about HANS? SARS? lol... ok seriously...

what's ur opinion on HANS? saw an article on The Star where a doctor thinks its for the better while barichello thinks it's crap

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

What's or Who's HANS? Hans Herald Frenzen?

I think the launch control was pretty stupid. The reason why Hakkinen didn't give any competition to Schumacher last 2 season. :(

20. Chai

HANS= Head And Neck Support.

It's not Hans Herald, It's Heinz Harald Fretzen FYI. :)

I wanted to post just now, thanks to all the lightning trips...ARGH, I really need a UPS.

Ok, back to the topic.

HANS device has been used in American racing series for a few years before coming to F1. Last year, a few drivers started testing HANS. But this year, it is compulsary to use it for every driver. In the first race, Rubens Barrichello complained it's too uncomfortable and it's affecting his race, but how true is it, I don't know. Maybe he's just giving excuses.

But Justin Wilson was a different case. I forgot what actually happened, but he admitted hostipal because of HANS! But so far no complains now. Seems good. It should protect neck injuries when accident happens. But so far, I've never heard of neck injuries even before these drivers are using HANS...