The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

haha yeah if you move the yardstick then maybe he could have been better or maybe worse?

but anyways he's been officially released from his contract with Ferrari so good luck to him. it sucks to have been perpetually outshined by your team mate

I think Ferrari was lucky before with a good package all round. This time it may not look optimistic but I certainly hope for the same!

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Looks like RB is going to replace Sato in BAR while Massa will be replacing him in Ferrari... :think:

3. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

... and Rossi is getting ready for Ferrari-F1 in 2007. [​IMG]

4. BlueStream

BlueStream Newbie

Massa? At least RB won't have to suffer with those worse-than-MS's strategies anymore.

5. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Go Massa! :thumb:
    Go Rossi! :thumb:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO! :haha:

I wonder how well Rubens is going to do at BAR...maybe like what he did in Stewart? :wicked:

7. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

RB will slowly fade out of public eyes @ BAR....cause he surely wont be even close to what he was with Ferrari...ok not counting this year, cause car sucks (or at least sucked till now...cause i hope those times of dissapointment are finally over and that it will return on top place at remaining races-cause thats where it always has and also will belong forever!) :clap: :dance: :thumb: So RB wont be a real threat anymore...maybe at race or two...cause each team gets lucky sometimes....but thats it...and i am also 100% sure that Ferrari guys wont rest until they return to winning path (just wait till next season-you will see it with your own eyes-i believe they wont have any Christmas and New Year in their garages this year...they will work 24/7)...soo...although I like RB very much...on the other side...I feel sorry for him...cause its better to be (if he is so good) in 2nd place in world championship (cause you all said he isnt allowed to overtake MS-so he can always be nr.2 - also at the end of the season-which never happened but anyway...), than to be (at best) around 6th place with BAR (cause he surely wont come higher with their car).... :p :doh: :?

And Massa...well...he has much better chances...he may be in MS's shadow for few years....but when MS retires...he can be their nr.1 driver...he is still young so....everything is possible here...but I believe he isnt born-winner in F1...so lets wait and see...maybe he has some hidden potential...who knows...!? :cool: ;)

About Rossi...those were all just roumors (newspapers made them up-from his one time driving of F1 car for few laps-he was invited by Ferrari-but more for publicity reasons than for real testing-cause if the last was the case-they would surely do it more privately)...he personally said he doesnt have any intention to come to Ferrari...at least not for now...and why would he...he is the best GP500 driver (i can easily say OF ALL TIMES)...so he will surely be in motorcycle racing for few more years...cause if he goes to Ferrari now...he wont be a winner from 1st race on...F1 is completely different world...and although he learns fast and i am sure he could become world champion without major problems...it would take some time to become that... :mrgreen: :thumb:

Lets wait and see... :beer: :wicked: :dance:

8. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Sure it's just gossip, but Rossi made up his new contract only until the end of 2006, Michael's contract with Ferrari is running out by the end of 2006 ... let's sit and wait. ^^

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

though I dun really like him (because he is leading kimi! :cry:), i think alonso is the upcoming star.

10. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

He (Alonso) surely is upcoming star...but he would have to wait until MS retire to be able to easily walk toward new world championship...so...he might get lucky this year...but surely next year will be much tougher...cause MS will surely have his revenge... :twisted: :lol: :clap:

But when comparing Alonso and Kimi...although they are both good...by my opinion Alonso is better (not by much, but anyway)...he also doesnt make mistakes as Kimi does sometimes (although he is Ice Cold - IceMan - sometimes he looses nerves too soon...like it was almost the case again in Hungary...when he didnt want to wait behind MS for too long-even as it was imposible to overtake him....hahahahaha). It would be nice to put MS,FA and KR into same brand car....maybe just for presentation pursposes...for the world to finally see who is real nr.1...btw..I already know who the winner would be in that case...and the second would be currently first placed one overall...and last one...would loose a wheel or engine would blow in his last lap... :twisted: :haha: :dance:

And Bestia...you are 100% correct...both of their contracts ends in 2006...so who knows...everything is possible...even more...cause i just read an hour ago that Rossi is again testing F-2005 in Fiorano...and that he made 80 laps...which is ALOT for just "Fun" (as he described that personally)... :p :mrgreen: So 80 laps...and he will spent 2 days on track...yesterday...and today...so something could be cooking overthere.... :wicked: :cool: :beer:

Cya all... :wave:

11. Chai

IMO, Kimi is far more talented as a driver. Alonso is not completely mistake-free driver either... Kimi deserves the title this year, not Alonso.

AFAIK, Rossi has just renewed his contract with Yamaha to stay still end of 2007... :whistle:

Ferrari hasn't been particularly good at handling new rules (look at 2003 and 2005), so next year with even more new rules, I really can't say if they are going to be world champions again...

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hehe..somehow i like alonso's attitude..
    "when you are behind me, you are behind me!! I don't give a fxxx whether you are MS or world champions...:mrgreen: you stay behind me!! (well unless that fella can overtake alonso la..)"

unlike button, when MS is behind him, he starts shaking.....eventually gives away the lead, or smash the wall :mrgreen: :haha:

13. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Well...maybe Kimi is more talented...or maybe not...its just that i dont like neither of them too much...cause Kimi has that cold (too COLD!) character...and also barely speaks...if he only was much funier...to joke around...smile and so on...and not just being ice cold all the time...come onnnnn...and when his engine blows or something...he just packs and go from circuit right next second...without even spend some time with fans and others....thats not right attitude here...cause its not a life or death situation...and he surely looks way to seriously about everything....so Kimi...please relax a little...and life will be much easier...trust me...(instead of jumping and falling from boats, being dead drunk...thats not funny...neither is cool for his fans... :nuts: :wall: :twisted: )....

And Alonso....he was cool guy some year ago...but now...those few wins surely got into his head too much (although he always says he didnt changed in any way)...yeah right... :p ...just look at his hands when he wins...like we dont know how many wins does he have already....noooooooooo...he surely must show us those fingers....like a 5yo baby...come onnnnnn....I wouldnt have nothing against if that happened maybe 2-3 times...but each time...blahhhhhhh... :nuts: :doh: :haha:

But otherwise...like i said..they both have great potential and talent....so who knows...maybe Alonso this year and Kimi next? hahahahahaa (although I would also somehow prefer that Kimi wins this year, but not because of his talent...but because i would like to see Flavio Briatore's face if that happens...) :wicked: :thumb:

So no Rossi in Ferrari in 2006....ok...we can live with that too....so maybe in 2007... :cool:

And Chai...what was in 2003 with Ferrari and new rules? They WON!...and MS also! So thats all that counts at the end... :clap: But this year...its not about rules...its about their car..and some other misfortune...and everything together...placed them where they currently are...it can happen to anyone...even best teams...you cant just win all the time...that 100% true! Look at Mercedes...when Hakkinen and Coulthard were dominating...and MS was battling like a lion with them in that old non-competitive Ferrari...and then...year or two later...they vanished...and only last year (and this) they managed to somehow come back at where they been at that time... ;) So...dont worry...Ferrari will surely strike back...they were maybe a bit unprepared at the start of the season...and maybe they thought that their car is so much better that only minor tweaks would be needed to stay on top place (where they were without problems from 2000-2004!)...so they fall asleep a bit...and...you may see the results now, cause you cant change a car in the middle of the season so much...if its a good one...then its a good one...but if not...then you have a problem...like Ferrari did...hopefully not much long...but anyway... :mrgreen: :cool: Next year they surely wont make same mistake...trust me on this one...and also...they are the only team who dont care about how much money they spend....how much they test (even if its forbidden...hahahahaha)...so no matter what...only wins count...so wait for 2006 and smile&enjoy (that is, if you are(will still be) their fan - I know I surely will! :mrgreen: ).

And ZuePhok...exactly...Button pushes the brake pedal the same moment he sees something red behind him (even if its only a flag from some Ferrari fan that he sees in his mirror,hahahaha)...but even better example here is Coulthard...he has even bigger problems with MS being behind (or even ahead) of him....hahahahaha...but hey...thats what racing is all about...not just car...but also drivers potential,talent and sometimes even luck counts much here...and so far...our Mr.MS managed to join all that much better than others...7 TIMES PEOPLE...7 TIMES! Like a magic number....hahahahahaa...I just wonder if i will live to see if someone beats that record...who knows...maybe when i will be in my 90's...attached to all those life support machinery...watching F1... Maybe then someone will break it...but his (or maybe hers,who knows :haha: ) name surely wont be Alonso or Kimi... :twisted: :dance:

Ok...need some rest now...CHEERS... :beer: :wicked:

Bye. :wave:

14. Chai

I agree with you on the first 2 paragraphs, that's why I don't like neither, but if I were to choose one from both, it's definitely Kimi.

In 2003, MS was quite lucky they won. If it wasn't for Kimi's misfortune, Kimi could have won the title already, just like how he's probably going to lose it this year.

Yes, this year's Ferrari suffered a lot mostly because of the new rules. The car is still very fast, probably not as fast as last year or Mclarens, but they have a few fastest laps already showed that the car is not slow. I can only blame it on the Bridgestone tyres they were running. Have you seen Ferrari adopted anything below 2 stops strategy last year? Nope. Their tyres work best with certain amount of laps, not the whole race, that's why they suffer so much this year. Tyre failures, unable to last the whole race, tyre performance drop thru out the race, unable to maintain good performance the whole race.

15. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Can be found on each official- and non-official fanpage ...

Where did you read that he'll stay with Yamaha until the end of 2007? :think:
    Source please, much appreciated. ^^

16. BlueStream

BlueStream Newbie

hey mr chai forever laughing his ass off at watever i say lor.. lol...

i do recall him laughing his ass off at the then rumours of RB going away from Ferrari too.. lol...

Anywayz, don't discount him just yet... Things have a habit of changing away from the course that everyone thinks will happen. esp in F1... Right now i'd agree with you guys but... I tot Ferrari would still come out strong this year. And look wat happened.

:p

But i still only really care about MS....! :D haha

17. Chai

Crap. Sorry. I read it wrongly. It said until 2007, so I assumed it's going to end a tthe end of 2007! :wall:

18. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Oh, no prob, I'm just curious, you know. ^^
    So he'd be still "in the game" ... well, we'll have to wait. ^^

19. Chai

Yes, I will still laugh my ass off if there's no official statement. Rumours are rumours, facts are facts. I will never mix them together. You can laugh at me all you want, but I will continue to do the same as long as there's no official statement.

20. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

So Chai...was your statement above official or not? Just wonder? :dance: :haha: :beer: :twisted: :wicked: :cool: