The Perpetual Football(Soccer) Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brian, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

after end up like Dwight Yorke...........remember the news about him partying?

2. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

not since 1998. He can go for 3 million if he wasn't worth about 20 more in terms of image sales.

As for Ronaldinho, with a face liek his, heck. Drunk is the only way you can get a girl ;) . But he'd be a good player, if he ever comes.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Haha... eh, don't say like that. What goes around, comes around. :twisted:

4. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

But I've gotten drunk before, so :dance: ..

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

yeah, remember his goal against seaman? damn kau chun ar

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

Barca issue deadline for Beckham talks

Barcelona's hopes of signing David Beckham appear to have almost vanished after they issued a weekend deadline for talks to begin with the Manchester United midfielder.

Beckham, who has so far rejected the overtures of newly-elected Barca president Joan Laporta, is due to fly out to the Far East tomorrow for the second part of his summer promotional tour.

And with the England captain set on a move to Real Madrid, the Catalans' ambitious plans to land the £30million-rated player are all but dead.

United Peter Kenyon and managing director David Gill are reported to have met Real officials last week, although the nine-times European Cup winners have yet to make any formal statement of their interest in Beckham.

Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano said last night that his club will not discuss Beckham until the Spanish season is completed on Sunday.

Laporta said today he was still hopeful that Beckham will become a Barcelona player and stated the England captain would take on a major leadership role at the club if he joined.

Negotiations with the player, he admitted, must still take place.

'It depends on the representatives,' he told Sky Sports News. 'We are doing our best to incorporate him into our club, Barcelona.

'We hope that we will have a solution on this matter this week.'

Laporta is the 40-year-old lawyer whose popularity in the city skyrocketed last week when Manchester United announced they had accepted his offer for Beckham, subject to him winning the election to become president of Barcelona.

But he has stressed since winning the presidential election on Sunday that he made no promise to the Barca socios (members) that the England captain would arrive.

'My team has been elected for its whole project,' he said. 'David Beckham, as me, is a part of the whole project.

'Of course David Beckham is a very important piece of this project. If we can't get the player, we would be sad, but at the same time we have another solution.'

conclusion:barca has a fat chance of getting Becks

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... that free kick was cool. Didn't see it live though. Saw it on replay. :wall:

LOL! When I'm drunk... I sleep on anything I can find, but most of the time, it's the floor. :D

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

saw it live. form 3 then, so morning school :mrgreen: :dance: .game was in the afternoon. i've never drank, including shandy :shifty:
    believe it or not :whistle:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woohoo... Beckham's going to Real Madrid then. :dance:

Another star... Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo, Carlos and....... Beckham!!! Waaa... all star team. :D

Eh, Brian... I believe you. ;) Don't drink if you can or else your stomach will be as big as mine. :twisted:

10. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

http://www.hattrick.org

all football fans should play this. :D

it's a really nice online football game. realistic enough. a lot of my football team players are playing it too.

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

gone...he is goneeeee..........

this is the lowest point of my MU life.
    not even that sad when I heard cantona wanted to retire.

nowww...they sold becks to real for 25m, because fergie tulan becks. what the heck. tulan is tulan, he is a good player...

argggggg....i can't believe this........
    arggggggggggggggggggggggg

12. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah. becks is a good player.

well, let's see how it goes now.

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, if it's meant to happen, it's meant to happen. Everything started way b4 that and the boot thrown at Beck's face is one of the hints. :D

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it showed that fergie still has the passion.
    why was he so angry? because MU lost to arsenal. he still has the passion. he wants to win.

that means he isn't tired of winning. he wants more :)

he didn't throw the boot. he kicked it and the boot accidentally hit beck's face. you ask him to do that 1000 times again and i think it won't happen again.
    just so ngam only.

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sorry... mistake, yeah, it was kick. But I don't remember Fergie as a good footballer. Hehe... and his so ngam is really going to shit on himself. :D

I wonder when MU is going to score from freekicks again. :think: :whistle:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yeah I've been thinking of this question since this morning.
    for me veron is a better freekick taker. dun ask me why :mrgreen:
    I just have this feeling :)
    anyway, if ronaldinho comes, i believe he will be the freekick taker.

hey, becks and vic will be here soon. anyone has any idea where we can meet them? they are currently in japan, then vietnam, m'sia and thailand.

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Heard that they will be here on the 24th for one day. I think KLIA will be a good place to start waiting. :D

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

heY, I'm not gay okay :) I love his soccer skillz, not his face :lol: :lol:
    only girlz will be there :)

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Err... do I have to say more. :roll:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woohoo... Beckham confirm going to Real Madrid next season. :dance:

And now Barca going for Ronaldinho pulak. Muahaha... this guys are funny. Under pressure to sign a big name. :whistle: