The Perpetual Football(Soccer) Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brian, Jun 8, 2003.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

By god, post something better than telling us the obvious. Like do you understand the reason they do that ?? Do they had to do that ? Will they do that ? Who will succeed ?

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Real Madrid will succeed in getting beckham. Coz Beckham is good. And they will earn a lot through Beckham though jersey sales, etc.

Ronaldinho will go to Man U but Barca is trying to get him coz Ronaldinho is good and they can fork in large sum of money through him too.

Hmm... good enough? :roll:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Eh, if I know who, when, how, which now... I would have earning big bucks already la. No need to sit on this chair, posting on ARP... :think: :whistle:

4. Kevin

Kevin Newbie

Come on la, anyone who is into football will know those kind of news. No point repeating them here.

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Come on Kevin! Post your big thoughts... :D

6. Kevin

Kevin Newbie

Nope...no any big thoughts or what so ever. Just airing what i think.
    :arp:

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then what are you thinking of Real Madrid? Who will be taking the freekicks next season? :D

8. Kevin

Kevin Newbie

Beckham!!!... but if the free kick is very far out, Carlos should take it. He has more shooting power.

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

lol. carlos is overrated. score one freak freekick in 1998 against france and now everyone thinks he is a god. look at his freekicks, how many out of 10 really gives the keeper a hardtime? i think it's only 2 or 3.
    Zidane is definitely a better freekick taker than carlos. figo too..the same goes to hierro and becks. Yes there is no doubt that his has more shooting power. but his freekick isn't accurate at all. it's either "aeroplane" or wide from the post, they say he needs MPPJ to move the tiang ar.
    hierro's freekick damn cun. look at his record and you will know. carlos? :naughty: seriously I do not know whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy they let carlos takes real's freekick :? :?

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Haha... I think there will be a lot of fights next season on who should take the freekicks. :D

Oooo... and I wonder how the freekicks will be from Man U. :think: :whistle:

11. Kevin

Kevin Newbie

Now i wonder who MU will buy to replace the void in the right mid-field.
    Who were they targeting again? Quesrama?? I wonder if i go the name right. :)

12. Brian

Brian Newbie

what jersey number do you think beckham will be wearing in real?
    raul has the no.7 shirt liao

13. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

1. Beckham's jersey sales are not the top money earner. The thought of him hopefully will bring Asians, expecially Japan to know there's a team named Real Madrid and hopes a nice juicy television deal is far mroe important. Real has already got him. What the heck are you talking about ? Barring an injury, he's as good as theirs. And Beckham is good, but doesn't mean will be great in a team which plays a far more flashier football than Man Utd, which was the reason they got rid of Becks in the first place. Fitting in is a problem. There's the language, adaptibility, loneliness to content with. Ask any overseas student to Spain, Italy or Japan and they'll know about the feeling.

No fights, Becks and Carlos would regulate them, depending on the range and seriousness of it. If they depended on that kick to win the game, I'd say they'll put Beckham in in the 20-25 yard range.

We have Giggs, Veron to take them. WE haven't depended on a free kick to win a game in a long time now. SO, I don't see why the loss of a Beckham free kick who never scores these days would make much difference to the team.

We're targeting Ronaldinho or Kewell. Duff had said to be a target, but I don't think there's anything more than a far off rumor. Quresma is a very much talented kid, but even if he comes, he'd be on the bench and second team rather than slotting into the first team. We also have Flecther, Djordjic, Fortune to take over in case we need backup.

Real is playing Beckham on the center, along with Makalele ( Do you know who that is, Dashken ?? Or as you just another oh they have Zidane fan? ) He'd play a holding midfield with the option to roam forward, rather than in the right wings where Figo is currently playing. Real fans are more concern about the lack of defence they have right now, Hierro's contract is up and they are holding on to see if they want to renew it. Thus that leaves them with Helguera, Cambiasso, Pavon as the centerback, and Cambiasso isn't even a CB, so that shows how much they're desperate for a decent defender.

The die hard Real fans are mad at the team for buying Beckham instead of a defender, they mature one is hoping their midfield can put the oppositions into thinking twice before even try to attack Real, and the 'fans' are just plain happy they have Beckham. Any Real fan would be more concerned than be happy right now.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... I know who Makalele is... :roll:

They are profesionals and they are rich profesionals. They can learn any language anytime. Maybe 5-6 times faster than you. And loneliness is never the problem my fren. There are many foreigners in Real Madrid too and I don't see them suffering or crying home sick or even... play bad. :whistle:

Haha... and you are talking 'we' as if you own the team or as if your father does. And one more thing... pls don't try to flame here. Coz I have no interest in starting a war. Just post your views will be enough. :wall: :wall: :wall:

15. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Veron suffered that. Explain that to me, please. Kluivert, Henry, Pires all gone past the same thing. Explain that to me, again please.

Yes, it's we because I do support the team. Do you own Malaysia ?? but you descibe we when you speak of malaysian. 'We have the tallest building in the world !' .. Or does your father owns Malaysia ?

Flame happens when you start talking crap, and so far I've answered every single piece of your question without resorting to stupid insults or name calling. The sacarsm's I admit, ut still far from a flame post. You want my view ? I gave you my view on this subject.

And congratulations on your in-depth knowlagde to the players in Real Madrid. Most people I know irl suffer to name more than 3 players not in Madrid's first eleven.

16. Kevin

Kevin Newbie

oo...finally....thankyou fuzzy.

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

They are exceptions then... but it's wrong if you say as if Beckham is sure going to have difficulty fitting in. We just have to see. And Beckham is not the only Englishman in Real Madrid. :D

18. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Yes, and look at where is Macca now ??

I say fitting in is a problem, it will be. But did I say he'll never cope with it ? Or that he'll fail thus leaving Man Utd fans laughing ? Please refresh my memory.

Those aren't exceptions, this are facts of life. Some are mentally stronger and are willing to learn, some aren't. I've seen some come back crying from Australia because they missed Malaysia, and some not willing to come back even because they love U.S.A too much.

19. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

20. Brian

Brian Newbie

Anyone saw the MU vs. Arsenal Game?
    30 secs from time, ruud get penalty, gave me heart attack......
    lucky he missed again like in the charity shield :mrgreen: