The Perpetual Roti Canai Thread.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PY 222, Dec 8, 2002.

1. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

A literal translation of 'Wong Tai Kuat' would be Emperor's Bones.

Never heard of it ler. You eating gold ar! ;)

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

PY222: AH! That would be a suitable translation of 'Emperors Bones'! Seriously, you should try it when you come back and when you do, give Team ARP a holler and we'll come down armed with our fork and spoons. :p

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup, when u come down, let's have a big makan!!!

Thinking of makan... damn hungry liao...

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Come to think of it, Yeoh has to drive down all the way to KL from Penang just to taste Klang BKT. :) Ken, why not take him to 'Paris'?

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Talk about Paris, nice ar? Do you know when it's not full? :D

6. peaz

YES.. let's all go to Paris again one day.. any weekdays should be ok!

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

That's why Malaysians die "faster" compare to western ppl :D :D
    j/k larrr..

Have you guys heard of roti goreng before?
    Or maybe roti suzuki, roti wira, roti putra, roti kancil, roti honda, roti toyota, roti waja & roti perdana?? I'm serious man..

Aiyaaaa...pg BKT, Klang BKT, SG BKT..none of them can fight with my mum's BKT one lerrr....NONE.....chicken rice also same..none of them can fight with my grandfather's chicken rice..'pure' hai nan..since he came from hai nan..eekekek

8. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

What what? Paris, France? Or some other Paris that I should know about?

Come on ler.... what is this inside joke ar.... tell tell tell :cry:

9. Chai

It's not a joke and there's nothing behind! It's a shop in SS2, PJ. 'Tai chow'. Cheap and nice, and very pack!

10. peaz

You knwo this Paris.. from an old shack restoran, they recently moved to a 3 storey x 3 shoplot ...shop

And still damn pack in the weekends!!! Imagine, they staffs even have to use walkie talkies man...!!! interesting to see those 'older generation' using them :D Go GO Ah Mah!!!

Oh, PY222, you should come to this Paris restoran, a true 'cheap, nice, good' place to eat...!!!

11. Chai

In Cantonese, 'peng, leng, jeng'! :lol:

12. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Wow... so many great reviews regarding this Paris Restaurant ar. Must be good if the Piggy says is 'cheap, nice, good'.

You know what, I have been having a craving for some authentic Malaysian Chinese Economy Rice. I know that its nothing special but after being stuck in the States for 2 years, I am beginning to appreciate the finer things in life.

So, what do they have nowadays in the Economy Rice scene? Anything worthy of mention in The Perpetual Roti Canai Thread? :lol:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

How come I stay in SS2 but I know nothing about this paris restoran? never even heard of it before..

14. Chai

Economy Rice? Nah, I seldom eat nowadays. It's getting more expensive. RM5 at least for a 'filling' meal. The last time I ate economy rice is at Sg. Wang 4th floor. But I know many people complain because the rice is rock hard sometimes! :)

ZuePhOk: Near Puay Chai school, or do you know PJ speech &amp; drama center?

15. peaz

Eh? SS2 ah? WHere??? me also stay at SS2 mah. :D VERY VERY near Tmn Bahagia LRT Station... :D

16. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

PPPSSSSTTTT.... stick to the topic. FOOOD ;)

Chai, RM5 buck is rather a lot of money for students like you and me. I could still remember when I use to pay 50 cents for roti canai but as you all know by now, I pay USD5 bucks for A roti canai.

Inflation? Trade tarriffs? Or just plain goddam restaurants trying to rip me off? You decide :roll:

17. Chai

Yeah, RM5 is indeed a lot. That's why I eat more fast food than I used to. Inflation is the main reason, IMO.

Fortunately, Roti Canai is not that much more expensive. RM0.70 is still pretty common, although I've seen RM1.00 for Roti Kosong.

18. peaz

Hmmm, u guys like those Eat all u can BBQ Steamboat ar? Just found out that in Taman Megah got one Restaurant called 'Hot Pot'

RM14 per head weekdays. EAT all you CAN!!! my cousin said it's quite nice!!!

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

There's one steamboat/BBQ restaurant here in Melaka... RM 13.95 with lots of stuff... and the drinks are FREE!!! Not plain water... but Coke, Pepsi, Miranda, etc... Very cheap compared to Telephone and other similar restaurants in PJ.

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Peaz: Yeah I know your stay near Tmn Bahagia there..cuz I always go to your house....hehehe..and I know ur name is KEN..