The Perpetual Roti Canai Thread.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PY 222, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I know a place. But don't know you like it or not lah. :)

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Dude, where have you been living ar? Where got satay for that kind of price? Even in Penang, prices for satay was already 50-60 cents per stick. Now you want to eat in PJ for the price you are asking for. Cannot lar!

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Find one day and we go la.... I bloody miss the taste of satay man...

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And it's 40c only
    My bro say quite nice. :)

5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Wow all this food talk,,, thats what I like:)
    Over here (toledo,ohio,usa) I guess "tastes" are a tad different.,,, But my fav. foods are like...,, good beefsteak like porterhouse or ribeye , etc
    grilled x-well done with a super large baked potato with sourcream and buttered corn on the cob. and some green veggies.
    or,, bbq pork ribs , with same sides. yummy!!!
    mac-n-cheese, big baked subs, bacon lettuce &tomato sandwitch's god I love those., tv-dinners (hehehe), frozen pizza, fish-n-fry's. I could go on and on:)
    on the fastfood thing... the top sellers here are , like hamburgers&fry's
    peperioni pizza, ummmmmmm. at least 1 time a week, $8usd.
    oh and my fav. ,,, TACOS I can eat about 12 in one sitting :) I just can't stop:). from tacobell
    burp:)

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Wow! Trinity is speaking my language here and the best part is it involves BEEF! :p Speaking of beef, Trinity, have you tried another type of beef also known as KOBE Beef? Its very tender and is supposed to cost a bomb cause over here in Malaysia, a portion about 300 grammes cost about RM$500 to RM$600 but that still very depends on which part of Japan the 'Cow' came from. =)

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

sounds very delicious & tasty

all those food are makin me hungry!~!

8. Trinity

hi.
    nope, haven't tryed that ..:( would love to though)!!!
    the best steak I can get at the store accoss the street... krogers, is usda choice $8.99-12.99 USD. A pound.
    Used to like huge steaks,,, but now I like them under a pound . with extra veggies esp. that HUGE baked Idaho, potato:)

9. Trinity

you ever had tacos???

10. Trinity

take a look at tacobell.com
    :)

11. Trinity

or, :) ... go to google type 'pizza' and look at the images...DROOL.

12. Trinity

I wish. seen it on Martha Stewart.com ... I bet I would have to order it online for at least 100$usd a pound...16oz...
    and if some fine chef's seen the way I cooked it x-well done ....,,
    they would faint...:)

13. peaz

Whoa trinity!!! welcome to the food club man :D i guess you're the 1st non-malaysian to post in this thread too! :lol:

anyways, i had this cousin of mine in the states. he told me of this buffolo wings that have different 'stages' of spiceness... and that in DC, you'll have to sign a contract not to sue the company if you're to take the hottest "blazing" buffolo wings... right?

Anyway, again according to my cousin, Malaysians could get loads of good food in the states, which is almost as good as the food here! There's this chain of restaurant called "Penang" i think, they serve all kinds of Malaysian cuisine and their Roti Canai is simply amazing!!! and well, if it's a dollar to riggit basis(not conversion) the food it actually quite cheap too!

Ah, in Chinatown, NY, you can also basically get REALLLY good chinese food. some even better than what we get here!

Yup. Malaysians.. don't despair... just go to Chinatown when u miss good malaysian food! LOL

Anyway, PY222, you're in Cali right? my cousin told me that place is bloody expensive one... no wonder your roti canai costs US$5

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Peaz: In 'Down Under', the price for 'Roti Kosong' is AUD$8!

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    I think I better stop studying and go AUS sell roti canai

16. Trinity

Well , here's my recipe for buffalo chicken wing's.
    Enjoy,:)

Simple,
    1. Just melt 1 stick butter in a sauce pan.
    2. Add 8 oz "frank's Red Hot sauce"
    set aside ...
    3. Deep fry chicken wing parts utill a light golden brown. drain.
    4. Pour hot sauce into large ""IMPORTANT"" BURPABLE container and add the piping hot wings cover and shake them up untill well coated. BEING VERY CAREFULL TO LET THE STEAM TO ESCAPE FROM THE CONTAINER!!! or else ...BOOM!!! (learned the "hard way")!!!
    5. Serve with celrey stalks and bluecheese salad dressing and good beer:)

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

BohKohleng! BohKohLeng! We don't have Franks Red Hot sauce. *Sigh*

18. peaz

Eh Jeremy, here we have cili padi and sambal belacan ok??? :D and other more spicy stuffs that i don't know how to call....

19. Trinity

Hey, Jeremy to bad about the franks hot sauce:(
    mabey you could 'import' a case or two and sell some to all your friends:)
    tabasco also works.. can you get that over there?
    basicly franks hot sauce is made from in order: water,white vineagar,salt,powered red pepper, pinch onion powder & pinch garlic powder.

After I looked up roti canai on google and seen how it is made and what it is ...I would guess you guys would 'abosolutely flip out ' if you could try a 'chicken "chalupa" from tacobell ..
    a national fastfood franchise..
    I try to get there for tacos at least once or twice a week.
    makes me wanna move over there and start a american foods restaurant:)

20. peaz

Well, not to downplay frank's hot sauce or anything.. back in my hometown in Penang.. well, the majority of ppl there can take a lot hotter stuffs than the stuffs that make up the hot sauce :D

but then again, it's the taste that's most important... :)

Ah, but for jeremy... even normal chili sauce is hot eh??? ;) sad la u ... cannot take hot stuffs... missing some good stuffs man :D