The Power Mac G5 Dual and Power Mac G5 Quad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by luqman, Dec 20, 2005.

1. luqman

luqman Newbie

apple came out with the G5 (4-proccesors) :shock:

am just wandering if i should get this for X-mas or not the top-of-the line one costs up to $3k and the low end is about $900-1k

Quad-Core G5 Processing
    With two dual-core processors, at speeds up to 2.5GHz per core, the Power Mac G5 Quad doubles the punch of its dual-processor predecessor. Do the math: Quad-core processing means four Velocity Engines and eight double-precision floating-point units for blistering performance of up to 76.6 gigaflops. That means you can manipulate mountains of images or miles of footage. Crunch enormous data sets. Encode HD video or high-bit-rate audio. All at speeds you never imagined possible.

the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500, the industry’s fastest workstation graphics solution, for rapid-fire effects, 3D animation.

so if u have any comments or anything else plz reply back

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

If you are doing serious graphic design then this is the machine for you. :wave:

I would like to have an imac mini too - it's very stable. :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah.. That's a serious machine! :shock:

4. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

You mean you've never seen a powermac g5's specs till now??

Wow.

Here, let me show you :)

http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html

Also, may I add that Macs are not just for graphics you know :) Macs can do anything. Anything.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nope, you can't play A LOT of games. :p

6. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

yeah, computer without games is like woman without breast, not very desirable :haha: [just kidding]

7. luqman

luqman Newbie

lol

ya actaulla i've seen the specs but it was kinda of amazing the speeds it could achive and the ram u can have 8GB of ram!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ownage :mrgreen:

9. luqman

luqman Newbie

ya

they don't have much games u can't even play COD2

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! That's probably the Mac's biggest flaw. :mrgreen:

They just can't convince game companies to port games over to the Mac. :mrgreen:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

13. luqman

luqman Newbie

MAC

MAC was popular 20 yrs ago when they came out with their APPLE II it was a break through :clap:

14. AAY

AAY ARP Reviewer

Uhhh, I would go back and check those prices again. A Quadro costs a lot of money...a base dual proc G5 with the FX4500 being the only upgrade would cost more than $3k.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  15. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

16GB actually, 16GB max :)

As for games... a lot what, big titles like warcraft, diablo, the sims, nwn, all have mac versions, though less than windows. I'm no gamer so I can't remember names and I don't really know what games are there anyway :)

16. luqman

luqman Newbie

am

am actually a window user i don't like apple anyways windows is coming out with there new OS Vista LongHorn!!!! best OS that ever existed!

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

best ? .. more like .. you need new hardware for it :wall:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SERIOUS? WHAT IS VISTA?????????????????? TELL ME MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:mrgreen:

19. luqman

luqman Newbie

i posted

i posted another thread go vist that one i'll add more info if u want! i already have the beta

20. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Ahaha Zuey damn mean... :haha: