The Power Mac G5 Dual and Power Mac G5 Quad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by luqman, Dec 20, 2005.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:haha: zue fooling around :haha:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ic. im seriously interested in this so call ms next gen os..would like to know more..
    wonder could u do a short review? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:wicked: ahahahahhaha .. this sounds... hahaha fun ,,

4. luqman

luqman Newbie

hey

hey i replyed in another thread but anyways the hardware requirements are as followed:
    :arp: :arp: :arp: :arp: :arp: :arp: :arp:

Intended for mainstream and high-end graphics cards.
    64 MB of graphics memory recommended, 128 MB for 1600x1200+.
    At least 32 bits per pixel. :shock:
    3D hardware acceleration with capabilities equal to DirectX 9.0c.
    A memory bandwidth of 2 GB/s, and as much 8 GB/s can be supported. :shock: :shock:
    Capable of drawing ~1.5 M triangles / second, one window being ~150 triangles.
    A graphics card that uses AGP 8X or PCI Express 16X 8-lane :shock: bus.
    Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WVDDM) Drivers.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

well done! go on!

6. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

erm, if this is quoted, please supply source. thanks. what system specs you currently got running the vista? how does it perform? is it worth upgrading from XP? :think:

7. luqman

luqman Newbie

:boohoo: well it is worth upgrading from xp because xp doesn't come with all these new features u can read the article ur self right here http://www.microsoft.com/vista :rolleyes:

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Newbie

Any one want Windows Vista beta if so i will be able to mail it to the Admins of the server and they will be able to upload it to there servers

BTW thank you Luqman for recomending me

9. aKho

wow.. is it just me or do i get the feeling that it's the same person? :shock: if i'm right, what could this mean for the survey contest? :think:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, at the moment, the Beta Vista is nothing special. Except for the facelift, not much features added yet. But it's already quite slow... :D

11. luqman

luqman Newbie

lol hahahah thats my friend in my classroom he is oppsessed with vista like me!!! so he signed up today and saw me

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

They still need to tune it. :mrgreen:

In any case, we won't be seeing it until end of this year... IF Microsoft does not delay it any further. :mrgreen:

13. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Newbie

Yah windows vista isnt much but it should realse with lots of "new" fetures also just wondering it may be off topic
    WHATS WITH THE CONSTANT LAG OF UR SITE if you need help i can find a Log thats causeing it

14. luqman

luqman Newbie

hey ADRIAN i think he is talking to u! ur site is pretty slow even with my T3 and the dual core! wats up with that? :eh:

15. aKho

erm, welcome to ARP Shadowfire. good luck with your shoutcast? :mrgreen: it's like a wrestling tag-team now.. :haha:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

have you enabled your Tvag + Max_Tcp? what is your Vtag setting for your T3 line?

if you are running dual core, please enable SSRAT in the BIOS.

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Is it that slow over there? Are you going through a local proxy?

Try pinging the ARP domain (rojakpot.com) and let us know what you are getting.

It's pretty fast over here even though the server is located in the US. I'm getting ping times of about 360 ms.

In any case, this is the wrong thread to report this. You should post it here - http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=12148

18. luqman

luqman Newbie

max time=53ms average=39ms

19. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

not slow here

Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 21ms

20. luqman

luqman Newbie

lol ur ip adress is 67.18.123.2 :haha: .

wat are u guys using?? :think: am guessing linksys well just a guess :thumb: wat do u use? :wicked: