The Tech ARP RC Helicopter Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peaz, Dec 31, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Anyone here also into RC Helicopters?

I just found out Marc is. :thumb: I just bought an E-Sky Co-Comanche for fun. Still learning to control the heli. It's definately not as easy as it seems. :D

Attached are the photos of the heli I got.

Attached Files:

2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

W00t. An R/C chopper thread! :thumb:
    Any more players here?

This is my chopper. A Colco Apache.

Attached Files:

3. peaz

Looks good man :D

Looks like the twin rotors config too :D

I think better get use to controlling these first before 'upgrading' to the single main rotor + tail rotor config :D

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How much is it? :D

5. peaz

Got mine for RM250. The better ones are like 1K+++ :(

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow... Didn't know you guys were into RC copters. Was into RC cars for a short time. :mrgreen:

How is it??? Any plans to attach a video camera or mini machine gun for fun??? :twisted:

7. peaz

LOL. let me try to fly it properly 1st.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool stuff I have a friend here that builds and flies these he make planes too out of lightweight wood. I haven't seen him in years but last time I was over he was installing a front and rear wireless lens on the helicopter because he almost lost it a couple of times :D

9. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hmm. So what's your next target? E-Sky Belt CP with Futaba remote? :mrgreen:

R/C cars I believe are more expensive in the long-run compared to choppers, but of course this varies from person to person. :haha:

Some of those R/C car players now have drift sessions in Malaysia. Dead-cool. :thumb:

I guess your friend plays with FP (Fuel-powered) R/C helicopters eh. :D

Apparently, FP choppers are recommended for beginners since they give the best power-to-weight ratio (which means much more stability) compared to EP (Electric-powered ones).

You want to buy? :wicked:
    The E-Sky Lama V3 is only RM200 now. And it's a very good 4-channel beginner's chopper. :D

10. peaz

yea. I almost decided on the V3 too. :D

I've been thinking of upgrading to the Single rotor + Tail Rotor ones. harder to control but more manuverability.

11. peaz

BTW, which RC flight sim is recommended? I've tried FMS and although it's ok, I've tried something better such as the CLearviewRC. But that one is about 39US$ :(

12. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

@Marc both M8 this is the guy that used to fix and mod all the old arcade games. Currently he runs one of two Xerox repair depots in Canada that can service all including SMD :thumb:

13. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Let me know when you are going to buy. Hehe. Which model are u looking at? The Honey Bee King II (RM500) or the Belt-CP (RM750) or the Belt-CP combo (RM1299, inclusive Futaba Controller, etc.)? :mrgreen:

Not sure man. I'd like to try out the simulator too but mine doesn't come with it. :wall:

Cool. :thumb:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My brother is into Hobby Grade RC Helicopters.

I'm more into RC Cars/Trucks/Buggies (hobby grade of course).

15. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

does it have all the control axis like the real heli?
    i bought one for my nephew cost me RM70 and can only control the main blade and back rotor speed,
    pretty hard to keep it hovering.:mrgreen:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

4 Channels don't really have full controls.

Most of the Hobby Grade stuff are at least 6 channels (my RC Transmitter for my buggy and trucks are 3 channels).

But its too complicate for me. :p I stick to land based ones that zip through real fast.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  17. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Yes, 4-channels and above have control axis like a real helicopter already. :D
    For 6-channels, it is mostly for 3D/Acrobatic flying by changing the blades' pitch (1 channel) and another one to switch from Idle-Up to Normal Mode (1 channel).

@ Psy, Thanks to China-made stuff like E-Sky, Hobby grade helicopters are what we're talking about and they can be acquired for RM300+ at least (for the non-coaxial versions). :mrgreen:
    Of course, quality wise don't expect much. And it is always advisable to start with a RM2-2.5k setup if you wish to play the R/C hobby for long-term.

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah my brother started with the china made stuff. :)

Repairs were hopeless though. :(

19. peaz

There's a store in Amcorp Mall stocked to the brim with E-Sky parts :D Gonna need to buy more rotor blades. haha!

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah you should stock up on those. :mrgreen: