The Toshiba Satellite M30 Notebook Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 7, 2004.

1. calydon

calydon Newbie

maximum safe cpu temp for the m30?

Without overclocking I've noticed that my cpu temp goes over 70 Celsius quite often, and this isn't while playing games - just surfing or watching a movie on Videolan VLC.

I'm wondering what is a normal CPU temp for other m30 users?

I'm using SensorsView to monitor the temperature. I guess it's possible that it's not accurate? The fans on the M30 work harder when I"m doing 3d stuff, or anyting processor-intensive, but for example, right now I'm just typing this post and the cpu is shown at 74 degrees C. Should I be concerned?

2. calydon

calydon Newbie

Yikes - and after doing any hard work / thinking - the temp can climb up to 89 degrees after only a few minutes. No stability problems that I've noticed yet, though.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... That should not be a problem. Are the fans running?

It might be because the fans have been turned off. The fans won't normally run unless the temperature is high enough.

4. calydon

calydon Newbie

The fans do run when it gets near the higher temperatures.

I have noticed that the temp varies a lot depending on what power profile I'm using. I used to run it in the 'full power' profile all the time, but I think, when I'm not doing something that needs max performance, I'll leave it on 'normal'.

If everyone else is experiencing similarly high temps then I guess I won't worry about it.

:beer:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup, I don't think you need to worry about it. It's normal. :thumb: