The Windows Media Player 10 Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by News Writer, Sep 8, 2004.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hehe..but foobar2000 eats both of them for breakfast :mrgreen:

universal keys :thumb:
    better sound quality :thumb:
    less resources.. :thumb:

2. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Peaz: tried. dun work for me. no idea why too :roll:

Edited: Peaz here posting via Leian's account.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nuff said! :thumb:

4. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

WMP10 Crossfading/Volume Leveling Problem

I too didn’t have any luck getting the Crossfading Feature in WMP10 to work; do I assume correctly that this is the same thing as gapless playback? Some of the cd's I have the songs fade into one another and WMP puts a two second gap at this point and clips the end of each song. I'm trying to avoid using WMP and Nero to get the desired result. Is this feature designed to work only while playing in WMP? :confused:

From what I've experienced so far, it seems as though the Volume Leveling feature is just for playback in WMP. Since I use a digital media player (DAP), I need this to permanently adjust the files so that the levels are normalized when trasferring the files to my DAP or cd. :wall:

In short, I would like to know the easiet way to utilize these freatures during or after ripping files for subsequent sending to my DAP. :pray:

Thanks - Saidas

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i'm having the cross fading problem in wmp10 .. i dont know why it wont work .. maybe it only works for certain media ?:p

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

WMA only maybe? :D

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I guess it only works for WMA audio files :mrgreen:

8. plasma

plasma Newbie

there's a feature called "Normalize" to level all the audios, i think u can find that in the ripping options in WMP, or alternatively, u can dl the stand-alone normalizing software... something i used to do...way back in the times when mp3 juz started.... still remember the batch encoding... :haha:

9. plasma

plasma Newbie

mine work for mp3s too :mrgreen:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Just tried with wma, didn't work too.

I'm wondering whether my idea of crossfading is wrong. Crossfading to me is the ending of the 1st song will overlap with the 2nd song... sorta like what your hear in radio, etc. Where the volume of the 1st song will be turned down and at the same time the volume of the 2nd song will be turned up. Right? :think:

If that's right, then it didn't work. :snooty:

I used to use some crossfading plug-ins for Winamp and it worked just like what I mentioned above. But WMP10, nope. :whistle:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

*sigh* Auto volume leveling doesn't work with all my mp3s. I give up. :arp:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LoL! :mrgreen:

Like this, you have to disable the 'read only' file properties for the mp3 files. Then, delete it from the library (which you had already added previously) and add it again, with the add volume leveling options enabled. ;) That should work. :thumb: :arp:

1 person likes this.
  13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! Maybe we should come up with a Windows Media Player 10 Hints & Tips Guide. ;)

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Why not? ;)

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ROTFL! That didn't work either. Darn! My computer sucks! :haha:

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think you must have missed something :mrgreen: It always work for me :p

17. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

WMP10 Crossfading/Volume Leveling Problem

I have not been able to get either the Crossfading or Volume Leveling Features to work; I use WMA files only. They show as being turned on but they aren't working. Has anyone gotten them to work?

Also, I have a digital audio player and I want to be able to use both of these features in files sent to it. Do I understand correctly that these features will work (if they do at all ) only for playback in WMP and for burning? Would this mean I would have to rip the files, burn them and re-rip them again?
    This seems far too complicated to me :think: .

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

If i've not mistaken, crossfading only works for WMA files, i'm not too sure about this :p
    As for the Volume Leveling Feature, please read my previous posts :mrgreen:

19. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

Crossfading/Volume Leveling

As I mentioned in my post, I use WMA file only. I couldn't find the post you are referring to Max_87, but I did read several other posts saying that they couldn't get the Volume Leveling (normalizing) to work either and since these two features are linked on WMP10, that indicates to me that there there might be something wrong with this feature. :think:

I would like to know if anyone else using WMA files has been able to get these two features to work for them. I don't think its a matter of doing my having done something wrong as one just enables or disables the feature.

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Did you try this one?
    I never use the crossfading function before so i'm not sure :p