The Windows Media Player 10 Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by News Writer, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

Hey Max,

I saw this but since it referred to Mp3 I assumed it didn't apply to my case since I use WMA only. All of my files were ripped with and stored to WMP and since I use WMA only, it doesn't make sense to have to make changes to files to enable these features :confused:.

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

That's strange.....such cases never happened to me. I can enable the auto volume leveling function for all my ripped musics (WMA) :think:

Anyway why don't you just try what i said. :mrgreen: At least give it a shot.

3. PlaySafe

PlaySafe Guest

Exactly the same, no problem enabling auto leveling and crossfading but i never use both of them. If one of my mp3/wma volume is not equal to others, i will simply normalize the file itself. Quite helpfull for future use (sending to other devices/cd burning). :mrgreen:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then what might be the cause for those who can't play mp3/wma files with volume levelling and crossfading enabled? Still no answer...

Most of my files are not read-only. So, what might be the problem? :think:

Or do I have to rip using WMP10?

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Didn't work with ripping too. But the volume leveling option is enabled now. :)

6. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

WMP10 Editing

Has anyone else noticed that with WMP10 you can no longer easily and rapidly move tracks in Library (in Artist or Album) with the up/down arrows? As far as I can tell, the only way to do this now is to click each track, rt. click again and choose up or down and you can only move it one space then have to repeat the whole process again. This can be a real pain when you have to move through a lot of files to get the file where you want it. :wall: How dumb is that? :doh:

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You mean as in moving like in the pic attached? From one artist to the next? :think:

Attached Files:

8. Saidas

Saidas Newbie

Hey Dashken :wave:

Yes, that looks like the screen alright. WMP9 used to have up/down arrows on the bar that you could move the tracks as fast as you could click but 10 doesn't seem to be able to do that anymore :nuts:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hie! :wave:

You mean moving from artist to artist on the left panel? I can move from up to down... just by pressing the arrow key.

Or do you mean moving the files and put them under a different artist instead of moving from one file to one file. :mrgreen: You have to be more specific here. What's your objective? :D