The worst ever hardware ive ever owned

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Jul 29, 2006.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

tat is altec lansing 621 2.1 speaker

bust up after out of warranty..pay RM85 get it fix on april n today gone bust again :wall: :wall: :wall:

this model has some serious reliability issue i read n i guess i hav the worst one

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Samsung monitors...or specifically 753DF. I sold it in less than 2 weeks, sold RM100 below buying price. Best decision ever made after making the worst.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. My first and only LG monitor. It was a 17" model. Had a great refresh rate but the damn thing failed on me within a few months.

But that's really not the bad part. What's worse was the fact that it took the distributor over a year to get it repaired for me. :roll:

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

my samsung 793df too..recently aso spoilt n send for rma :wall:

nowdays things are cheap but unreliable unlike my mom 27 years old fridge dat still working :thumb:

5. fyire

fyire Newbie

One of the Asus motherboards that I got back in late 1998. Cant remember which one it is, but it's got the ALI chipset, for my old AMD k6-350.

Stupid thing needs the ALI AGP mini port driver b4 the OS can use the video driver for any AGP cards. And that mini port thingy refuses to work on any true 32 bit OS too.

Got fed up with it, retired it to become a linux fileserver after just 3 months.

6. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

bummer, I'm still using the Altec Lansing ACS-48 that are now some 3 years old and is still working great.

The worst hardware I've had was a IBM 15in monitor, bought it because IBM is supposed to be good stuff. It went kaput after just 6 months. Now I'm an avid CTX buyer and everyone so far has at least lasted 4.5 years :roll:

7. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Another bad piece of equipment to buy is my JVC camcorder. Real POS.

Doesn't support USB output without its native USB driver and that's only available in the CD! Lose the CD and you will NEVER be able to offload the video cause they don't provide the driver online. :wall:

And the damn thing suddenly died without any known cause... :wall: :wall:

8. Chai

LOL! The ALI Aladdin V chipsets, I had the MSI one. I sold it after a few months together with the processor because of stability issues, not sure what. After that, I read Adrian's 300A overclocking article, and I bought BH6 and 300A! :haha:

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Viewsonic VA902 :p

10. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

A CD-RW drive, first one I had. Install it, and boom! Thing couldn't ID anything put in. After about 20 minutes, PC couldn't ID it, and caused a system crash. They offered a replacement, for $40 PLUS shipping and handling. Can't remember what brand, but they don't even exist any more!
    Sold the replacement on E-Bay as-is, and got a HP which was great for a few years.

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

have a check jus now is the fuse culprit..blown fuse behind the sub

drive out bought 2 for 40cents..change it wallaaa works again but only for 2 hours b4 it blow the fuse again..change another one instantly blow it again

wats wrong actually :wall:

12. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Sounds like a voltage problem?? :think:

13. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

my mobo went dead suddenly..
    went to distro, got a replacement immediately =D

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

should be, my power socket or the sub internal :think:

headache headache :shifty:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Try another socket. Prolly one that isnt very occupied with plugs... lol.

My worst hardware... Hmmm.. Prolly mine and AAY's worst hardware (seeing that I sold it to him :p ) is the PowerColor 9800SE.

Gift that keeps on giving.... :boohoo:

16. Chai

There seems to be a trend that ATI cards are very unreliable. I had bad experiences with 9800SE too.

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's due for its fourth RMA right now actually (I think - Lost count. :p )

18. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I had a Benq CD-RW which is already dead due to mechanical failure after medium usage for almost four years (I bought it in November or December 2002). And worse, it has eaten up a few of my empty CD-Rs and two CD-RWs. Sigh.

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

*cough* Dashken's 6800GT? :wicked:

20. Chai

That was due to lousy manufacturer. :p Even the 6800GT wasn't the normal reference card. :shifty: