Thermalright HR-07

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Max_87, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...DDR cooler?

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Are these really necessary?

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Nope but a lot of people seem to be trying to cash in on the concept of better RAM cooling...OCZ, Corsair, Thermaltake, etc.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yup :mrgreen:

IMO it's unnecessary & overkill :lol:

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

agreed . overkill :shock:

put that in & oneday you'll see the RAM bending :p

7. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Just a standard fan blowing on the ram works just fine, that is unless you have a bunch of money that you have nothing else better to spend on.

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i guess this is called marketing ! lolz..

9. OkydOky

OkydOky Newbie

I'm sorry, but this would not be useless..

If they prove to perform well, being able to pump more voltages into my memory would be well worth it. And from Thermalright's history, they should work rather well.

These may not be for everyone, but they are no gimmick, and looks like they will have real uses for some of us.

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

We love Thermalright as much as anyone else :haha:
    It's just that memory cooling is somewhat of a gimmick. Some airflow over the RAM modules has always been sufficient even for extreme overclockers.
    Sort of related to this, Shamino even applied phase change cooling to the memory chips on a graphics card and received little benefit in terms of overclocking. :mrgreen:

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

some of us wan our pc to look cool with all the metal n heatpipe..this reason alone some would buy his even its unnecessary :mrgreen: