This Is Why I Don't Read The Newspapers...

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

For those closely following the local political scene, you should know Raja Petra Kamarudin and the kind of connection he has to the royal family. He is, after all, part of the extended royal family.

He is literally the guy to go to if you want to know what the Agong and other Sultans really think about the current issues in the country. Therefore, I was really surprised to read that the government has openly put words in the Agong's mouth, by having a government official announce that the Agong "regrets claims he supports [the] illegal rally".

This will make very interesting reading....

I don't know about you, but I sure trust Raja Petra Kamarudin more than The Star or Bernama. After all, if he lies, not only would the government send him packing to Kamunting under ISA before you can say Bo-doh-wi, the royal family will also denounce and disown him. But he's still safe and sound.

IMHO, for his impertinence, that government official who dared to put words into the Agong's mouth should be fired. But of course, that's not possible in our government... so I suggest we all do our part by e-mailing our friends and relatives. It's time to break the monopoly of government newspapers on the minds of the people. The truth, or at least the possibility of alternative truths, must prevail. :beer:

BTW, someone reported during the rally that the Agong had ordered the Royal Malay Regiment to send 14 tanks to protect the rally participants in case of police brutality. Of course, there were many doubters since the Regiment was based in Sungai Petani, in far north Kedah. But according to Raja Petra wrote above, that rumour was true :

2. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

hmmm. interesting... how can a datok give statement for agong? thats weird... :doh:

3. Adrian Wong

Heh.. That's the thing. Especially when it's not his duty to do so.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The thing is nowadays, I don't even bother to read the newspapers, and even the headlines. Most of them... at the particular side.

I only read them for the comics and the tv-guides. :twisted:

5. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

this incident destroyed the agong reputation... stupid scumbags.. :snooty:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

the star is printed everyday for the market aunties to use la :haha:
    it's not meant to be read by the rakyat

7. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! :haha: :haha:

I have always known that the Star was more than a little pro-government. However, it is really quite shocking to see them print blatant lies. Fortunately, we have independent media to tell us the truth. :hand:

BTW, a journalist from a local newspaper informed someone I know that all journalists covering the rally were ordered by the government to put the number of participants at 4,000. At least we know now that they do know how to count beyond 4,000.... :haha: :haha:

8. Reyne

Reyne Newbie

During "Weedy Operation" era, The Star used to be one of more gutsy newspapers, not standing on the government side, they printed their front page black, just one whole black page, in protest of what happened and got their publishing license revoked.

It's sad to see how all the mainstream newspapers just print lies these days.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, that Datuk is just UMNO's watchdog, put in the Istana Negara to report back to UMNO any happenings from the Istana end. He's just a Keeper of the Royal Linen, housemaid?

But for those who don't know, with a so happening title like "Datuk Pengelola Bijaya Diraja of Istana Negara", most would think he must be someone really important to the King. :mrgreen:

Sad, but true... and the thing is, many still buy newspapers nowadays instead of reading blogs, malaysiakini or malaysia-today. IT penetration is still pretty weak, to us young people who online most of the time, we know... but what about those who don't go online often, seldom or at all? I even have friends who seldom go online after they graduated. :faint:

So, come the election, BN may win by a huge majority, again...

10. Adrian Wong

Fuh.. I must give myself a damn long title too. Maybe "Latuk DiLaja Maha Besar Maha Powerful Maha Bagus Mahasiswa Maha Kelas". :haha: :haha:

Dash, this is why it is our DUTY to spread the truth! :twisted: