Time for a new monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jasperchc, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Even the new ones??? They are supposed to have the fastest response time. Oh well, I guess it proves that no matter what you read, you should always EYEBALL the monitor you wanna buy.

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Meh, I think I should drag Max along when shopping for a LCD soon...HDD need to be replaced first :D

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly :mrgreen: I remember it was a Dell 19" UltraSharp, TN based. I tried O2Jam on it, I can clearly see trails behind the notes as they were falling from top to the bottom of the screen. In fact, the ghosting was so bad that it's really unbearable :lol: At first I thought it was a P-MVA based panel, but I went into it's control panel and check, turned out to be a TN, to my surprise.

4. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. Hard disk drives have been dropping in price. :thumb:

5. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

Just a quick note, the Samsung 226BW has disappeared from most online stores. Maybe it will be discontinued?

6. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

or maybe it is selling like hot cakes? :think:

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

pricey LCD..I wonder which technology is it running =/

8. Isadar

Isadar Newbie

Probably something like S-IPS or that sort.. my friend is using the Dell 2007WFP 20" panel that cost him about RM1300 (about USD400) about 1-2 years ago. Now it's still around RM950-1050 (about USD300). It's quite good though and according to him it has good performance.

9. Adrian Wong

Yup! I use the same monitor, albeit with an S-PVA panel. Works great. :thumb:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You bought WFP?

I love my 2001FP! :thumb:

11. Adrian Wong

Ooops! Missed the W.. :haha: :haha:

Mine's the FP (not widescreen) although I have a 2407WFP attached to the testbed.