TMNet blocks eMule!

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Chai, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you have noticed lately, TMNet has started blocking eMule since the Taiwan quake.

Whether they are going to unblock eMule, I don't have any clue, but it's very likely they will continue to block. :( Since the traffic shaping of Bittorrent, it's not looking good... :evil:

The error message is "server (IP: Port) appears to be full". There's no way of bypassing this. The only temperory solution for this is to use HTTP Tunnelling.

You can download a free client copy here. http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/

But note that using HTTP Tunnelling won't get you High ID, but you will get connected.

2. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

that donkey has always run slowly, now will be even slower... :|

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I haven't been downloading anything faster than 28kbps, so IMHO having a 1mbps connection right now is a waste of money. :roll:

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

They can block all those parts as far as i'm concerned.

But please don't ever make me not able to go online! >.<

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My BT is going back to normal, around 70+kb/s. :D

6. Chai

My BT is normal for quite awhile. Only eDonkey is affected.

All my IMs are very bad now, getting dc every 5 minutes...sigh...

7. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Even changing to an unkown port it's still blocked?

8. Chai

Yup, I've been using unknown port since day one. was using 54321, then I switched to 33444. Still the same.

9. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Damn.. that's a pretty agressive block huh..

Time to change isp?

10. Adrian Wong

Unfortunately, it's not an option. Broadband (and all forms of Internet connectivity) is effectively monopolised over here. :wall: :wall:

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Looks like it's not just emule... Ares, Kazaa, BT, ..... dammit! different port also useless!
    For BT, only those with a lot of peers that enable encryption is good. otherwise...... crap!!!!

12. Adrian Wong

It's really too much. I can't download anything. :wall: :wall:

13. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Apparently TM is blocking P2P usage with a more advance (or rather cruder) method which is to packet shape according to user-agents (identification of applcation requesting data). So far for BT the only way that works for me is to utilise user-agent mask such as Pro Active Webfilter. At least I can now connect to seeds but that's about it

14. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. You can connect to seeds, but you cannot download off them? :think:

15. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

If the seeds/peers are all overseas, I can see their IP's but not connectible. But for local seeds/peers I can connect to them easily. Am getting about 60kbps at the moment for my torrent

16. Adrian Wong

Dang.. I must at least try it out. Right now, my downloads are all 1-2 kbps. :wall: :wall:

17. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

But cant you sue them?

There must be something you can do.. when you signed the contract you didn't agree to this..

18. Chai

If we could sue, I'm sure thousands of us would have done so by now. We don't have the suing culture here, and politics always overwrite law here. :haha:

19. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

connection closed by peers. :evil:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  20. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

We don't have the culture of suing here too.. but it's worth looking into it.. maybe you can find something.. blocking everything is like, denying your right to access what you want.. that must be illegal in some way..