TMNet blocks eMule!

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Chai, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

All my torrents suddenly could not connect to any trackers :confused: Now I can't even connect to any local peers :| Funny thing is now I can connect and download from external peers at better speeds :roll: before this I get like less than 1KB/s from external peers.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm downloading at 49KB/sec avg!

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I can't seem to download from local peers at all :wall:

4. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

5. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i was going to say something but right now I'm hypnothized by akho's signature..

1 person likes this.
  6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What IP are you using now? :think:

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's back to normal already :lol: Now I can connect/download to local peers, but I still can't connect to any tracker...

IP? It's dynamic one what...

8. aKho

Adrian, start up a petition or something. :cry:
    this throttling is a major suxor.

9. Adrian Wong

Cause I noticed that some IPs are more or less unblocked while most of the other IPs are. :(

10. Adrian Wong

I wouldn't mind. But I don't think it will matter. Their boss left already.. and now all Internet services have reverted back to TM.

So, if you ask me, it's back to the same old "We are a monopoly. If you don't like it, bugger off." :roll:

1 person likes this.
  11. aKho

who's the boss that left? Michael Lai? is there any solution to this? how long do you think it will take for TMNet to come up with a p2p package or if there has been no plans to do that? i'm seriously thinking of downgrading my connection to a cheaper package if it continue on like this. :faint:

and it's 2007, about time you get an avatar.

12. Adrian Wong

Yup, that's him.

Solution? There's no solution. Well, there is, but it's unlikely to be adopted - break the monopoly TM currently has over Internet connectivity and the last mile.

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmmm seems like I'm only able to download off local peers.... Like Heroes for example, the only peers that I can connect to and download from are local ones (via DHT)... Averaging at 50+kbps and peak at 100++kbps

15. peaz

Hmmm i'm actually averaging about 80kpbs.... had my QoS settings mixed up... LOL!

16. peaz

There's no way anyone here can sue a gov-linked company :) It's just, well.... that. TBH, the bandwidth is there. THe only issue is the blocking of ports, which many ISPs around the world are doing as well.

I'd only wish that they had just throttle down instead of outright blocking the ports. Either that or just implement QoS services where generic ports like HTTP, SSL, FTP, etc gets higher priority.

17. aKho

my heroes ep12 is not moving. with 4k+ seeds and 2k+ peers even. lol. but bleach and naruto was blazing fast this morning. need more local peers! :faint:

oh nvm. between heroes, prison break and the new bleach movie..i'm getting 90kBs :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  18. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Is Jaring also having the same thing?

19. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. AFAIK, they are not blocking the ports per se, but rather, throttling down on P2P activity.

20. peaz

Wah... the bleach movie available liao ah? Hmmmm.... looks like low quality and no subs from the comments at torrentspy.