To Unifi or not?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by mikegas, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

+10 hahaha! :thumb: :thumb:

2. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Just say YES to 4G

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Getting it this month... let's hope everything's fine and they don't enforce the bandwidth cap so soon... :pray:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! Congrats!! Wish I could upgrade too... :(

Be sure to buy more HDDs! :twisted:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

HDDs? Now? You must be kidding... :mrgreen:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Mega Pink Collection! :shock: Need SSD to playback multiple files!

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I think he needs a RAID 5 SSD config from the amount of BD quality files he would be playing at the same time... :O

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I wish I'm Ken... or Chai... or Old Chai... or Adrian Wong... or anyone in Bragging thread. Why am I so poor??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :boohoo:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I can confirm that there is no throttling on P2P traffic... tested on both residential and business Unifi :mrgreen:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... my friend has been running 500 kb/s +, up and down, for the past few months and now he's running out of HDD space. Asked him to buy when it's still cheap or just RM30+ more than normal before the flood got serious, he delayed. :D

Now, he's deleting his pink folders and trimming here and there. :haha:

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

You will definitely control your downloads once they start capping. A lot people just download for the sake of downloading because it is unlimited :haha:

12. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, that's a lot!

Seriously, Unifi's pretty good to use too, but now it's quite expensive. :haha:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well... he's downloading all 8GB+ movies... :mrgreen:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

When they start capping, he will definitely stop downloading that much, plus most likely he doesn't even watch all of them.

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Maybe true... but seriously 60GB per month... plus all the surfing, youtube, etc. how is it enough? :faint:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That is the issue if they cap the bandwidth. The thing is, earlier when they have it for the first time, they put a 60GB-120GB bandwidth limit. I haven't checked the latest update on their subscription anyway, so I may be wrong.