Top Gear!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Taking a break? It will be posted soon! Can't wait! :D

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

No TG this week. Will resume next week ;) SOme snooker championships or what not being shown on BBC ;)

3. Chai

REALLY??? ARGH!!! NO!!! :wall: :wall:

4. Maximus_Detritus

They mentioned it in last week's episode, right at the end before the credits rolled. Hehe. My symapthy, man. ANd Viper's still trying to get his site re-organised.

5. Chai

Oh...I think I heard that, but I forgot! :wall:

6. Chai

Just wondering, Viper. What do you think about the legality of posting torrent files of Top Gear and 5th Gear?

7. Maximus_Detritus

I think most copyright laws state thjat you cannot distribute copies of material if you are seeking to profit from it. Technically, he is not distributing actual copies, merely torrent files. And also, he's not making a profit.

Copies of material are allowed to be distributed for the purposes of analysis and comment within reason, such as a forum. We all give our comments and views on ther TG and FG episodes here, so we are within legal boundaries, even if it's a little bit of a gray area. :mrgreen:

8. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Yes, TV shows are kinda in the grey area. Probably technically illegal, but they aren't going to care, well at least they shouldn't.

9. Chai

Many F1 sites are not making profit from the F1 medias, and yet, they are getting official emails from FIA rep to take down all moving pictures and sound from their sites. Being a big F1 fan, I'm very disappointed. It's easy to miss a moment due to ads or even failed to watch the race!

So I still agree with Viper that it is technically illegal, but they didn't care to take action (hopefully not, since only anywhere near UK can get to see Top Gear and 5th Gear.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

How much bandwidth do you need to host a Bittorrent site like yours anyway? :think:

11. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Well the torrents themselves are like 20 KB each and I don't host the tracker - my friend does and all the bandwidth that that uses is sending IP lists to clients. The main thing that trackers use is CPU.

The things that suck the most bandwidth on my site are the webpages, especially downloads.php because of the hover boxes and the tons of tables and the forum. In the end, I use about 20-30 GB/mo on my TG/FG site and it's only that high due to the number of hits I get.

I'd imagine this site uses more, no?

12. Chai

WOW! Next 5th Gear, Ferrari F430!!! WOOHOO!!! Can't wait for that!

13. Maximus_Detritus

Just watched the last two episodes of Fifth Gear. :thumb: Can't wait to see what the 430 is like ;)

14. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

never download any 5th Gear... so sad... maybe i will since TG is taking a break this weekend and 5th gear is about half the size of TG...

15. Maximus_Detritus

Fifth Gear is half an hour, as opposed to TG being an hour ;)

16. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

so how was the 430? did tiff drive it? or did vicki? or was it jason? or the other bloke from yorkshire?

17. Chai

The latest 5th Gear has not been released yet. :(

18. Maximus_Detritus

BUt the latest TG has :thumb:

19. Chai

Hmm...I don't really like the $1500 Porsche segment...I think the original $100 car is so much better and funnier!

I can't wait to see F430 in action!!! ARGH!!!!

20. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Hehehe this week got Kenari :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: