Traffic Police on the move!

Discussion in 'Chai' started by Chai, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Ramadhan month has just began, and the policemen are starting their usual money collecting for puasa.

I don't mind them catching the offenders, but not the "money collecting".

Today, I saw 3 policemen standing in the middle of the road, stopping cars on the left and right lane, only the middle lane was open, to slow down the traffic, and created bottleneck and jam at the back! And the offense was queue cutting! :mrgreen: So for anyone who loves queue cutting, good luck! :haha:

Anyway, I saw this at the Seksyen 14 mosque area.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea,

I find it retarded that they do that and make a LOT of people get home late for buka...

3. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

this is really a WTF!! every year also like this:wall:

but...so far this year, i havent see them action at my place....:think:

4. redness

redness Newbie

Is bulan "Jalan-jalan cari makan" dude.

5. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

oh yeah, nv beat the redlight in the middle of nights thinking that there won't be any cops nearby. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Normally they will hide somewhere near to the traffic light and when you beat it... bam! They vroom in front of you and ask you to stop your car. :thumb:

7. strawroot

heheheh they even chase after u! weeeeee :clap: :clap: :clap: how effecient when they have to run after money

8. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Is there anything positive that can be said about our police force??
    Or maybe we're just looking at the negative parts of everything that we dont like, just to prove to ourself that we are always right????:confused:

9. strawroot

positive? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

YES! they are very speedy in issue-ing summons :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, I don't have anything positive to say about our police force. Actually I don't mind the idea of catching traffic offenders, but the purpose of doing it? Hmm... :think: Crime rates are still going up everyday. Another stolen notebook in my office today.

I'm always right? No way...I commit a lot of traffic offenses myself, not like they are enforcing it anyway. :haha:

11. strawroot

Be thankful they are lazy, remember the pending summons? :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I can only say that some cops are genuinely honest. Like one of the two traffic police sergeants in Melaka. The other one's disgustingly corrupt.

There are also some that are genuinely helpful. Like those four officers who saw me struggling with my old junk (back when I was studying in Cheras) and actually helped push-start! But then again, I've met policemen who actually stopped offending vehicles only based on racial and economic profiling. :roll:

Unfortunately, this seasonal increase in activity is part and parcel of the Malaysian life. Without fail, the police becomes super-active just before any major festival, especially Hari Raya and Chinese New Year. :D

So, be careful everyone!!! :D

13. strawroot

oh yeah, i see police cars everywhere!

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

And if you are going to Kota Damansara / Ikano, please watch out at the turn-out on the LDP. There are always cops there.

I have no idea why they are stopping cars for, but there's always one cop standing at the corner with a walkie-talkie. Anyone have any idea what offence they are looking out for?

Also, coming out from the area, you will have to make an under-road U-turn through a tunnel. There are often cops on the other side. Probably looking for those who run on the red lights.