unable to boot with hdmi cable plugged in

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tutartis1, Nov 20, 2007.

1. tutartis1

tutartis1 Newbie

i hope this is the right forum.. if not, apologies in advance
    i have an acer aspire 500 and have recently attempted to connect it via hdmi to a pioneer pdp-x506. the system will not even attempt to boot unless i disconnect the hdmi cable

i have been able to connect the pioneer using a scart lead and once booted, can connect the hdmi lead and view the system correctly..

i have played around with the phoenix bios parameters but cannot see anything that would allow me to get over this problem

any ideas?

Thanks
    Wayne

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. It is possible that your system booted up fine, but instead of displaying to your monitor, it's displaying to the Pioneer PDP-X506.

3. tutartis1

tutartis1 Newbie

it is definately not getting past the initial boot sequence, i have spotted a few other posts where other people have hit the same problem.

i have also tried plugging in a sony bravia lcd via hdmi and it does boot ok.. so it must be something specific in the way that the pioneer talks to the boot process :(

thanks for your interest

Wayne

4. Adrian Wong

BTW, is the Pioneer PDP-X506 a TV? I haven't been able to find any references to it online... :think:

5. tutartis1

tutartis1 Newbie

its a plasma tv

Thanks

6. Adrian Wong

Oh, I see. Hmm.. I can't think of any reason why it should not boot up when connected to a plasma TV... :think:

7. tutartis1

tutartis1 Newbie

apologies.. the plasma code is pdp-506xd

Acer support have said they dont know anything about Pioneers and told me to discuss with Pioneer!

i have explained it is the BIOS that acer supply that is having the problem..

Wayne

8. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Is it an ATi-gfx?

9. tutartis1

tutartis1 Newbie

no.. IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family with 14.31.1 drivers

Thanks

10. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Ah, I see, ok.

Well, it is only a guess, but there's a problem with the
    firmware of some LCDs and Plasmas about their HDMI-
    handshake being just too slow.
    Many ppl trying to connect their XB360 via HDMI are
    running into this lately ...
    Maybe it's something like this in your case, too.