under RM800?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by mooze86, Jan 6, 2006.

1. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

i need digi-cam not more than rm800. at least optical zoomx3. MMC slot. batteries,i dunno. is there any promotion going on? i heard canon powershot is adequate enough?

2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

yup, with that budget is good for u to get the canon power shot, now with the new model (Powershot A410) is even better. im the canon powershotA400 user, quite satisfy with all the pic i took. :thumb:

for the spec: http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=11930

3. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

do u hv malaysian site tat hv latest price list for cameras?

4. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

is there such thing as digital cameras with webcam abilities? that would be awesome!! anyone knows any good models? still under my budget,rm800 :D

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

most camara with SD slots supports MMC cards..

6. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

i`m using 512MB MMC on my ngage. if i reformat the card n insert to camera,works fine? is there maximum size of MMC for it compatible with camera?

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Most likely the speed and the size available for MMC will deter you to SD. But yeah it will work fine, though I have never tried MMC of that size.

8. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

how many pictures can store in 512mb?

does JPEG compression(normal,fine,superfine) really make huge difference in saving space? wat bout loss of image quality?

does megapixel really matter? what is recommended megapixel i should USE for regular shooting?

how much is rechargeable AA batteries n charger?

is the compact printer/paper for photo printing really expensive? how long will the ink last?

anyone got experience buying camera during PC Fair? i need your opinion,pls. next one is at 14-16April,KLCC,if not mistaken. should i wait until then??

pls help me,i`ve been delaying to seriously get one,now i really need one,study purposes!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  9. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

e.g.
    normal 50kb+ (640x480)
    fine 100kb + (800x600)
    superfine 200kb+ (1280x1024)

mp matters if your using a digital camera :mrgreen:
    recommend anything above 2mp and you'll be fine...
    i recently bought a grandcell set (2xAA + charger) for around RM50+..

photo paper are generally expensive (maybe 'cos you feel like your paying just for empty paper) :haha: normally a color printer can do around 20 pages A4 size...

if you can wait and know what you want, you should get them whenever there is opportunity for the price to be cheaper (PC Fair). but you mentioned that it's for study purposes? what do you mean?

10. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

oh no!!! i just found a major flaw in the almost perfect Canon Poweshot A410,it doesnt have audio for movie recording! tat a total bummer... they say its a fully upgraded version of A400,but the A400 got audio! weird....i`ve spent hours reading good reviews about A410,now i`m disappointed.. can anyone recommend me any camera tats similar?

my need is [3megapixel,3x optical zoom,support MMC,audio/video recording]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

A510?

12. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

how much is A510?