UNIX For Dummies Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

To many people, UNIX is an old, kludgy operating system. However, the truth is the UNIX operating system is still alive an well. In fact, it forms the foundation of many mainstream operating systems like Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and FreeBSD!

Today, hyper_raider will give you a brief run of the UNIX operating system as well as the common commands and their options. With this guide, even the n00best of n00bs will be able to handle this grand-daddy of operating systems!

[​IMG]

Link : UNIX For Dummies Guide!

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

:thumb: Good balance struck between getting ppl introduced to UNIX, but not making them seem like idiots ;)

Keep up the good work, dude :arp:

3. mynois444

mynois444 Newbie

dun think it's as simple as this. but anyway, a really good basic for unix newbies like me. thx a lot!!

4. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Yeah UNIX is pretty complex but its a newbie guide...

5. vien

vien Newbie

this is one good article I like....:) way to go!

6. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Thank you thank you there is another good article here http://rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=255&pgno=0

I agree that UNIX is not as simple as it looks..u may know the basic commands but there is a lot to learn...even i am still learning it, but if u got some unix questions u can come ask me...i maybe a newbie to unix but i will try my best to help