Upgrade in need

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by yorker, Nov 12, 2006.

1. yorker

yorker Newbie

yeap.. FTEC..... but i have to find it first.... its not listed on the map... Wisma Academy it seems.... jalan 19/1

i better go check it...kinda hard to get a hold of them though...they dont sound too good on the phone...

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's the trouble with local PC companies. Still not professional enough. :roll:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hahaha, Wisma Acedemy, my old office. Near the new Toyota Showroom.

4. yorker

yorker Newbie

toyota?? but i have to get in touch with them first...coz i cant reach them at 5pm....to ask whether they open friday lunch???anybody knows?

5. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Not too sure. Best to confirm with them. :think:

6. yorker

yorker Newbie

surprise surprise!! i sent in to repair...friday lunch time...they do open...good...and they say they cant do it..coz i dun have an invoice number...told them its free....thye say ask me go call Intel or Rojakpot..luckily the box had the number...so..

its a RM250 repair for the keyboard and RM75 for service charge as only the 1st year is free...2nd and 3rd year have to pay the 75...but i said..ur other lady said it was free..so she said.."ok,, we waive it"....so..FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

then i complain bout the bad which caused the zip marks...she cant offer a new bag..instead she offered me a pouch...a foam..which was better than nothing...for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so cant complain..though i still hate it that i cant change any of my hardware coz of the warranty sticker..have to sort of...force it out (keyboard) if i wanna upgrade anything...which may be the cause of my keyboard defect....oh...ftec cant upgrade the CPU..and the memory and HD is so pricey...a 1gb ddr1 pc2700 memory is 550(kingmax), HD 80gb (maximum they give) rm3xx...

and..dunno why my settings were change(desktop related like themes) ..and 1 folder was open..they denied everything...better open a guest account for them..dun want ppl to look thru ur files...

so...ftec is ok la...just make sure u get the invoice number..the ladies are pretty too.. :p

7. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That's great news! :thumb:

BTW, why you never take any pictures??? :doh: :doh:

8. yorker

yorker Newbie

pic of wat?

9. Adrian Wong

The grrls. :twisted:

10. yorker

yorker Newbie

hold ur horses Boss...lol cannot la....manyak susah oh.... sit so close summor.... kena tangkap i cant get my laptop back...
    if u one..i post other girls la,:p ... but where to post in ARP?

11. Adrian Wong

Haha.. Check this thread out - http://forums.techarp.com/showthread.php?t=6679

12. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

how about getting some parts from me?

i'm planning to sell off some of my stuff......... my ABIT NV8 is on RMA, runs on nForce4 chipset, supports PCI-E and DDR (which you can still use yours)

and of course i also have processors - Athlon64 2800+ which can clock about 2.3 - 2.5ghz depending how you vcore it. an Sempron64 2800+ with similar capacity.

:D heck, if you want i can include the package for 2x 512mb DDR Kingston ValueRAM with BT-D43 chips.

only problem is i don't have any HSF for you, unless of course if you wait for me to get a new processor and i can pass you the stock HSF...........

btw guys, do you happen to know if S940 stock HSF would work on S754 mounting bracket?

13. yorker

yorker Newbie

thx boss:p

gold fries: HFS?? nice offer...but then.....have to think alot la...

but i got a 256 DDR1 PC 2700 apacer..wanna sell...how much should i sell??

14. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I would suggest checking the price lists here - http://www.freetradezone.com.my/forumdisplay.php?f=52 and then quoting a lower price. :think:

15. yorker

yorker Newbie

hello..i back..after thinking hard...all i want is a agp graphics card some sort like the 7300GT...any suggestions?

plus also..the 7200 ..watcha think bout it?
    and..issit pci or agp?

16. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

the 7300GT isn't too bad actually :) And i think there are AGP versions

17. yorker

yorker Newbie

really?got it from dzeisen...u sure there is agp?sum1 offered in lowyat for 200 bucks...

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm i think there should be. even the 7600GS has an AGP version. but well, there's always the ATI cards to satisfy your needs too if there's not suitable AGP cards from NVIDIA.

19. yorker

yorker Newbie

wats the equivalent ATI for 7300?

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

7300GT? Probably X1600 series.