Urgent rescue!!! pc dying soon!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Echolac, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

i'm not sure whether this is the rite place for this thread but i need some serious advices.. this afternoon while i was playing dota suddenly my whole screen freezes and the whole screen went distorted.. it was like 4 or 5 sec per frame!!! Then moments later i managed to shut it off and restart it.. here comes.. the boot screen and the window load screen were full of snow artifacts and inside the window its fine..however, it took forever to load all the startup items and the monitor keeps on and off.. the whole system was snailed.. i got fed up with it then i took a crappy gpu and mounted it in this pc to find out.. somehow i think the crappy gpu got burned or something after i boot with it..well the pc didnt boot..it cant even work back on its original computer anymore..i swear the crappy gpu is it working..argh!!! wat a sad moon cake festival night:cry::cry::cry::cry: Guys plz help the miserable me:cry::cry:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like your graphics card is dead. I have faced the same problem before, similar to overvolting the card...

3. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

ya indeed.. but i suspect that it has something to do with the agp slot of the mobo..i did killed a crappy card with this mobo..BTW it K8N Neo2..

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nope, most likely the card die on its own...

5. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

well wat a coincidence then coz i just killed another geforcemx with my neo2...argh