[User Experience] Transcend DrivePro 520

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techieme, Oct 23, 2016.

1. techieme

techieme Newbie

Being on the road now isn’t safe as before, a car camera would prove to be useful should any unfortunate incident happen so I got myself a Transcend DrivePro 520 which is on sale recently.
    Just last week, a friend of mine got into a car accident. Fortunately enough, he has a dash cam in his car to film all the footage of the accident. Without the camera, who will beheld accountable for the crash?

Therefore I decided to get a car camera, to protect myself from careless drivers.

[​IMG]

Among many dash cams, I choose Transcend DP520 simply because Transcend is a well-known brand and provides excellent customer service.

The DrivePro 520 is the flagship model of Transcend. Besides FullHD recording, I can also view clips by my smartphone simultaneously. Also, DP520 comes with a second camera, which can rotate 130 degree grasping images from inside the car.

This is the camera unit, at the center is the main camera facing t¬he front while the other supporting camera on the right rotates around.

[​IMG]

In the package includes the following contents –
    1. the mount,
    2. the power connector,
    3. a free 32GB Transcend MicroSD card.

[​IMG]

There are 4 buttons below for navigation.

[​IMG]

Here’s what the screen looks like while recording. The image from the secondary camera shows up on the upper left on the screen. The secondary camera can be disabled when you don’t need it.

[​IMG]

Here are other interface buttons on the side of the camera. On the top is the mount for the handle while the power connection port and the MicroSD card slot on the other end.

[​IMG]

The DrivePro 520 is very easy to set up, only took me 3 minutes to get it running.

[​IMG]

Another plus to this piece is, DrivePro 520 also writes in GPS logs with videos. I think this would be a stronger evidence when necessary.

With a large ƒ/1.8 aperture, DrivePro 520 works well even in dark areas.

[​IMG]

The secondary camera brings safety to another level. This is especially helpful when you are a Taxi or Uber driver. For example, you need to keep track of who’s on your car. the camera is made to identify passengers easily by adjusting the camera angle.

[​IMG]

The DrivePro 520 records the details simultaneously with both cameras in the same file and appends them with A and B respectively, so you know which camera it’s from.

Overall I’m really satisfied with the Transcend DrivePro 520 – whether you’re a simple or advanced user, this camera fits the bill. I got it from Lazada for only RM 626.