[User Experience] Transcend StoreJet 100 for Mac

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techieme, Dec 29, 2016.

1. techieme

techieme Newbie

Macbooks are great but even the greatest device has a chance to fail, that’s where the Transcend StoreJet 100 comes into the picture and it works great.

Apple didn’t make the Time Machine backup software for nothing and it works great with the StoreJet 100.

[​IMG]

As a Macbook user, it’s great to know that we’re not left out when it comes to external storage.

The StoreJet 100 is the one external storage device that’s made for the Macbooks, or more appropriately the Mac OS X as it is pre-formatted with the HFS+ so Mac users are able to use it without having to deal with how to format it.

[​IMG]

Oh and as you can see the StoreJet 100 is well protected, on the outer layer is a rubber that absorbs impact while internally there are mechanisms to further absorb shock.

Not only that, the color scheme of the StoreJet 100 looks great, matching the silver color of a Macbook like this Macbook Air here.

Inside the package are the connectors and user guide, and the catalogs.

[​IMG]

Once the StoreJet 100 is connected to the Macbook, it will have a blue LED indicator that shows it is powered up and ready to move. The StoreJet 100 uses USB 3.0 connection that enables high speed transfer.

On the OS you will see a pop-up.

[​IMG]

This is what the pop-up looks like, the OS immediately recognizes the StoreJet 100 – no drivers needed, no headache for simple users like me.

[​IMG]

Once configured, the StoreJet 100 works as the backup disk and as your external storage.

[​IMG]

Don’t worry if you don’t wish to backup with Time Machine, you can always use Transcend’s Elite software and also backup with the one-touch button.

Overall I’m pleased with the product, got it for a little over RM 500 for the Transcend StoreJet 100 and I get 2TB external storage and it comes with 3-year warranty.