VAIO VGN-FE15GP keyboard screwed up....

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ToyotaFreak, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

My right arrow key no longer works (No matter how hard I press it.), since 2 -3 minutes ago from this post.

Tried vacuuming, still doesn't work (And I think the vacuum warped/ moved the plastic layer/ cover between the circuit board & keyboard.).

:wall:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Get Sony to replace, if still under warranty. :D

3. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Hmmm....

I think the warranty card is in the box in KL. (Plus my "Y" key broke 2 -3 months ago. Wearing out/ pressing the membrane now.)

I'll see what I can do... (If I have to pay, I'll just do it. As long as it is fixed)

Thanks,

TF

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... Most keyboards have removable keys. You should try removing that key and see what's going on underneath. :think:

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Hmm...

I don't know how I broke the "Y" key, but I tried to remove the affected (Right arrow) key. I'm just scared that I might break it, as it is a little tight.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, maybe you should check the manual. But if your notebook is still covered by warranty, best leave it to Sony to sort out the problem.

7. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

how do you break the Y key? if it were WASD, i would understand, but the Y key? :think:

8. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Sorry for the late reply, was bombarded with a lot of homework...:wall:

Just checked prices on the net (And I left my warranty card in Msia!)

US$79.39!

Looks like its On-screen keyboard FTW for now....

9. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

The notebooks is only less than 1 year old?

Most notebook keyboards have a specification for keyboard strokes, like 8-10 million keystrokes before it becomes problematic. And heavy usage and gaming will only accelerate the problem further.

ToyotoFreak, Get a USB keyboard to use with your notebook for now, and use it even after you've repaired your notebook's keyboard. :D

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That vaio of mine has the delete button popped out and it's replaced with a 'del' sticker. lolzers! :haha: