Vcore gone to high??

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Majormaggot, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

so i was playing around with my OC today and decided to go for and push past 1.6V vcore, i had it at 2.4 Ghz at 1.6v and got it up to 2486mhz at 1.62v, then i decied to be stupid and go further to 2563 mhz at 1.6775v, it was stable abit(i think i needed to change the chipset voltage) with VID at 1.525v and Over VID at 110%. but when i rechecked the voltage in bios it said it was at 1.73v :shock: . so i backed it down to 2486mhz at 1.65v, thats where its most stable. anyhting over that it just wont load. did i push it to far or is it normal to go that high in voltage when OC on a Amd 64??

Btw my new specs are: 2486 Mhz @ 1.65v, chipset at 1.7v, 226 mhz memory, FSB 226, HHT x4, Multiplier at 11x

-Major

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't go higher than that.

3. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i think you should watch your temperature, if its not hot then you probably can push it abit further.

4. Chai

Bad advice. A64 is a lot more sensitive to voltage, and AMD tech doc stated that the recommended max voltage is around 1.65 or 1.7v, can't remember. While it was 2.2v for the old Athlon XP!

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

But have there been any cases of A64s dying from excessive voltages? Like SNDS? :think:

6. Chai

You want to be the first to find out? :wicked:

Smaller dies are a lot more sensitive, that's why the tolerance is a lot lower. Northwood was the first 0.13nm batches?

7. zachig

zachig Newbie

Yeah, I'm curious :think: , you can always check it for us. :haha: