Voltage Limits for AMD64 3200+ Venice Core

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by SilentBotts, Dec 5, 2005.

1. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

Whare are the limits to which you can push the voltages with this chip. Whats safe, whats not so safe.

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

From what I've read, up to 1.55V should be fairly safe and beyond that is pushing it a little bit.

3. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i'm using 1.65vcore.

temps are still below 50c despite load. i'll have to monitor it when the ambient is hotter (it's 6am+ now)

current speed 2.6ghz.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, try not to go above 1.55V. I'm running at 1.5V at 2.7GHz.

5. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

my 3000+ at 1.55v :p

6. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

watch ur voltages carfully, i set my board to 1.65v(tring to get my cpu highest OC) and under load the sensor reported that it was going over 1.7v??!!!

then again i have a clawhammer core, i think these suckers love voltage(btw the best i could get was around 2.55 ghz, stupid chip....)

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

mine's a clawhammer too. currently 47c while folding. 1.65vcore on stock heatsink. pretty cool i'd say.

(and yeah, i admire Chai's 2.7ghz @ 1.5vcore........)

8. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Newbie

Wow that is really a good oc wif oni 0.1V bump
    my Venice E3 could oni reach 2.5ghz wif that voltage
    But i suppose i can't complain about overclocking :p

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I would if I were you! :p

10. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

My venice hits 2.58 on stock voltage stable, anything more than that and it needs more volts... but i'm happy with a 500mhz oc :lol:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

my x2 manchester used to do [email protected] on air..
    using water now but am too lazy to find out the max :lol:

12. liddokun10

liddokun10 Newbie

I've heard that Vcore above 1.8v kills venices. I've used my venice E6 on water cooling at 1.9v for 3 weeks without any noticeable damage. Still passes OCCT, PRIME95, SuperPi, no weird crashes.

I've also read that many ppl have done 1.6V and above while keeping the temps below 55C and they noticed that after awhile their high fsb 1:1 mem overclocks start failing memtest n prime. Apparently high Vcore does something to the mem controller on the CPU... anybody care to verify?