W800i Performance?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Eldanor, Dec 23, 2005.

1. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

before S700 was lauched, i thot it was v cool. my fren used to work at sony showroom told me it's like carrying a digicam and dun recommend fm getting. i'm glad i'd listened to him, it's no longer selling now and the 2nd hand value dropped till S$230. :doh:

at the mmt, w800i is selling S$1018, let see how much is retailing 6 mths later. :wave:

2. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

LOL MY FRIEND FOUND A WATERFISH AND SOLD TO HIS FRIEND FOR 800 BUX (s700i)

3. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

my bad i meant RM800

4. yorker

yorker Newbie

w800 is great.. used my frens,,,, great pic...if wanna transfer juz use the card reader...after many shots or the memoryhalf full, the pic taking is sluggish... :D

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Maybe it's because they come up with new phones quite regularly. :think:

The thing about Motorola phones is that their software are very buggy. My V600 crashes quite often. Those who complain about Windows XP crashing will have loads of fun with this phone. :roll:

6. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

how come? internal memory half full or memory stick?

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My phone crashes quite often too... :shifty:

8. yorker

yorker Newbie

memory stick.....internal memory is not recommended...very slow. if u store ur ringtone or alarm tone inside ur memory stick,and u change to another memory stick there will be no tone..it wont go to default... my fren kena already..woke up late coz no sound...hahahahahah

9. yorker

yorker Newbie

its a good phone...go buy.....pic quality very good..video slack abit coz only 10 secs or 30secs...

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Huh? Mine will go to default tone... :think:

Video can be recorded to fill up the memory stick, you have to choose high quality mode. :whistle:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I hate slow phones. Unfortunately, my Motorola V600 is a slow phone. :wall:

It's even slow going through the list of names!!! :doh:

12. yorker

yorker Newbie

yea ka?? like that my fren stupid la... thx for the heads up :D :beer:

13. Eskadus

Eskadus Newbie

I currently own the W600i swivel model, and all I have to say is, if the W800i performs like the W600i you won't have a problem.

There is hardly any sluggish activity unless you use an animated desktop background or try loading image heavy websites in the browser.

The built-in Walkman is an excellent addition, music and videos on the go with your cell phone built it.

I'd suggest the W600i over the Rockr anyday, but I've never used the W800i so this is up to you.