W810i should i go for it?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by elton, Sep 7, 2006.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

My T630 be with be for nearly 2 years, feel like change another phone...

Currently look into W810i, mainly because it will become my mp3 player and as my modem for on line....

Do any of you have any better suggestion, which phone to get? Here are my need

1. mp3 player plus movie player optional(multiple movie type support will be good)
    2. Good signal reception, my current T630 does not do well
    3. My Alarm clock, i rely on this to wake me up... i know most phone have it
    4. Bluetooth and Edge (i think is not a good time for 3G yet)
    5. Long battery life
    6. Candy bar type

please comment :think: :think:

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Buy it...post it at the braging corner so that we can call u LICH!!!

3. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hahaa:mrgreen::haha: seem that you just add me into the list of LICH... i need more comment
    :eh:

4. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i just played with somebody's w810i. she bought it for 1.2k, i think the speakers are nice, if u compared to nokia phones. hehe at least not too bad to function as a mp3 player, plus, she got a 512mb memory stick with the phone also!

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Good to hear that speaker is nice...ya i think this model design base on walkman or mp3 player features as button show.... 512 mb come togather with the phone as i know:thumb:

6. strawroot

so u confirm buying W810i? Going for AP or ori? Now the warranty they offer for AP set is horrible, some LCD for only a month while other accessories maybe around 2-3 months.. bad bad :naughty:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But SE speakers are quite soft.

8. strawroot

try to compare it with nokia. any nokia. the speaker is loud. but.. uh... mp3... uhhhh :doh:

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

The speakers on the W810i is not too bad. But it's not loud enough to treat it as a MP3 player. But then again, who listens to MP3 that way???

Plug in the headphones.. And whoa. it produces some of the best sound for an MP3 player I've listened on so far.

The bundled headphones is not bad. But spend a bit more and get a better one like the higher end sony earbuds or even a Sennheizer... you'd hear even better difference. The over sound output is pretty good on the walkman series. If not really checked on the normal SE phones to compare yet.

As for using it as a modem, if u really want to do so, I'd actually recommend a 3G one instead. A 3G phone isn't all that expensive these days, for the SE side, the K600i is pretty decent. And i believe a new model is coming up soon too right? K650i? It costs less than 1K and it does play MP3s very well anyways. And you can always buy a SD card to put in all your MP3s. The default 512MB card on the W810i is nice of course, but heck, it's not enough to make it a real MP3 player. you'd eventually get a 2GB card anyway.

One thing about SE though.. it dont' support WMAs... And... the player does crash from time to time... it does happen, even if it rare... it still does happen. And one thing I don;t like about the SE is that it don't come with a direct headphone jack on the phone, have to use the cable (although u can use your own headphones)

10. strawroot

want a 3G phone? Buy from Adrian. tht N90, if you dont mind carrying a brick everywhere, its nice in almost everything, except for its weight and the fact tht it doesn't vibrate. It is really irritating as you can't hear your phone rings unless u are in a quiet environment

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'm waiting to LICH you in the bragging corner :mrgreen: :haha:

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Whoa... N90.... damn LICH phone. LMAO. but no Nokias for me :p

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Mainly depend on the warrant detail and the price different between AP and ori. So far not yet confirm always look for better choice before purchase it :think:

Currently my T630 still ok with me, unless some places need to depend on vibration i believe this is same with others phones as well

Yup listen thru headphone is the best way on phone agree on that. I am not thinking of 3G is mainly because of the coverage area always the price for 3G and edge are the same for Maxis line.

K650i??? oh... ok might look into this phone, sony take a good move by supporting more memory card type. Like PS3 is one of the example from Sony :thumb:

Crash !!!... Does it affect any data on the phone :shock:

Not really look into Nokia, one thing is the price a bit higher and i still prefer most of Sony Ericsson design :p

Slow down brother i for sure going to change my phone, just matter of time, choice and money :haha: :haha:

14. strawroot

i heard the price of w800i has shot up to 1.4k..... :nuts:

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

SE, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, all gheys :p

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Ok I will be waiting :mrgreen:

*goes to bragging corner thread and starts hitting F5 non-stop*

:haha:

17. elton