Watch out for this unscrupulous electrician

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Those are really good points. I wonder if I should tempt fate by involving the police... :think:

Frankly speaking, the police are really corrupt over here. In the two occasions I've had to deal with them, they insisted on some kind of bribe to make a report. :roll:

For starters, I will go and take pictures of the unfinished work. Will get an electrician to detail what he did not do so if there's any query, I will have his word to help me too.

2. Adrian Wong

3. fyire

fyire Newbie

well, if making a police report is too troublesome, then might wanna try talking to the actual Rac SwitchGear instead. If this fellow is just making use of their name and not from there as was suggested, they should be rather pissed off too. If that's the case, you can add kerosene by giving them all the info u've got on the fellow, and if you're lucky, they'll be the ones sending a bunch of thugs after the joker for you :)

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I think Rac Switchgear is his company. The trouble is all I have on the card is his mobile number. :wall:

The card doesn't even have his address! :doh:

My brother did suggest paying the police a few thousand bucks to mess him up, but what's the point? It would be like throwing pearls before swine.

5. fyire

fyire Newbie

U know, the Internet can do wonders indeed :) Unfortunately, Rac Switchgear would indeed seem to be his company. Jeremy is correct too in pointing out the differing company registration numbers, but there's two entities with the same name registered in Malaysia it seems.

One is Rac Switchgear the scammer, and the other is Rac Switchgear (M) Sdn. Bhd.

And finally, according to here: http://www.ssm.com.my/name_searchro...bname=Rac+Switchgear&cmbrobstate=&curr_page=1

The joker's address might be:
    B-3-8 BLOCK B,GREENFIELD APT;BUK1T JALIL;KUALA LUMPUR
    57000 KUALA LUMPUR

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

When a name card doesn't specify an address, you ought to be very suspicious already and for your information, the registration number I mentioned above was tied to a Sdn. Bhd. instead of an SP entity.

Edit: There's the possibility that the individual in mention was a former employee of Rac Switchgear (M) Sdn. Bhd. but has since left the company and decided to register an SP entity to capitalize on the reputation of the former entity. Best is to contact the directors of Rac Switchgear (M) Sdn. Bhd. and find out what's up.

7. Adrian Wong

Eh.. Bukit Jalil? :think:

It's an apartment address... :think:

Could be his, although he told me he stays in Seri Petaling, if I'm not wrong.

8. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. His company name doesn't have a Sdn. Bhd. :think:

Hehe.. Well, my own name card doesn't have any address either! :D

9. fyire

fyire Newbie

Well, Bukit Jalil and Seri Petaling very close mah... Notice that its registered as a Biz and not as a Company? Which means its likely that he used his home address itself as the Biz address

10. fyire

fyire Newbie

Might not be:

Compare the info here:
    http://www.ssm.com.my/name_searchro...bname=Rac+Switchgear&cmbrobstate=&curr_page=1

and

http://www.ssm.com.my/name_search.php?txtco_refno=&txtco_name=Rac+Switchgear&cmbstate=

Rac Switchgear was registered in 2001 which Rac Switchgear Sdn Bhd was registered in 2003

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that could be him... :think:

12. fyire

fyire Newbie

And oh yeah, might want to have a word with your condo's management too about this incident (outsider having keycard). Too bad you don't have a pic of the joker, as it'll help a lot to have his pic pasted all over the guardhouse in case he tries to get in again

13. t-shirt

t-shirt Newbie

I'm guessing you can't really trust anything he said. (I hope you CAN trust the quality of his wiring, i.e. the he didn't take and dangerous shortcuts)
    It will be too bad if you don't get some cooperation from the police or other authorities (without a bribe, probably not worth wasting more money on him)
    I just hate to see bastards like that get away with anything, knowing he'll be looking for new victims.
    Maybe he'll piss off the wrong guy some day (hopefully soon) and "disappear".:thumb:

14. Adrian Wong

Already did that. They are just waiting for him to come back, so they can catch him and maybe get him to hand over the key and card.

Yeah, most unfortunate that I didn't take a picture of him. :wall: :wall:

15. Adrian Wong

Yeah, haha.. I hope his wiring is as good as my brother claims. Will have to look for another electrician to check his wiring work. :pray:

Yeah, I hate to see him get away scot-free. But I do believe that what goes around comes around. He will get what he deserves in the end. :thumb: