Watch out if you get such a message in MSN!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 1, 2008.

1. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

maybe it's really you, you should check the pic to be sure. :lol: :haha:

sometimes i get these messages also, i clicked it once, but i wasn't paying attention to who sent the message, it was automatically. but i closed the browser after it opened

2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Nigerian scams are for real! :haha:

SpikedHumor.com » Nigerian Spam » SpikedHumor.com

3. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i get those african lottery scam a few times as well, the red flag tend to be rise when they ask for your bank account number :haha: sometimes it just makes you wonder where did they get your email address from :think:

4. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

when I receive those message at msn, I just told them they got virus, at the end, doing some virus busting :haha:

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

do not use them, u risk ur side and also ur contact list
    giving away valid email address, they could had sell it or send spam to u and ur frends

if u wanna know how deleted you, you other im which has that feature, even meebo.com has it.. in live u have to manualy check if u can delete ur contact list in the option, it means he or she has deleted you.. however i still have frens i tot they have deleted me but still sending me PM.. so it;s not accurate

6. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Wow, thanks for the tip! I will keep my eye out for any suspicious msg's... good thing I don't have an "Eric Wong" in my contacts ;)

7. jaytech

jaytech Newbie

Common sense and Pidgin = simple solution :)

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Pidgin should be susceptible to the same spam though, unless it has some built-in security features

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

nope. you'll still get those messages if u use pigdin... the only thing you won't get is to get infected and be the victim of sending those messages out. but then again, if you use meebo, trillian or other multi IM apps.... that works too.