We Need A Programmer

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello everyone! :wave:

Our new backend programme is currently stalled, due to unforeseen circumstances.

So, we are now looking for someone who can help us complete this project and get ARP moving again.

We need someone who's proficient in ASP.Net and Windows Server 2003.

Please do let me know if you are interested in joining the team in this capacity.

Thanks! :beer:

PS. Of course, if you are interested in joining the team in other capacities, do let us know too! :mrgreen:

2. yhng

yhng Newbie

I'm currently jobless and bored...heck I'll help out whatever I can though I'm more of a PHP person.

2 people like this.
  3. Adrian Wong

You can do ASP.Net? Because the backend is currently half-done. All you need to do is complete it. :mrgreen:

4. yhng

yhng Newbie

I can give it a shot....we'll pray later :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! :haha:

Okay, welcome to the team!! :beer:

But if anyone else wants to help out, please do let us know. Let's work together and get this project done! :beer:

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. A possible change of plans.

Since there seems to be more PHP programmers than ASP.Net programmers, we are thinking of shifting focus from ASP.Net to PHP.

How would that sound? A better idea? Anyone else who is also proficient in PHP and wants to help out, please do let us know.

I think we will set up a team of programmers to oversee and complete this project. Let's get this one done! :thumb:

7. yhng

yhng Newbie

Well if the backend is already half done, may as well continue with it instead of starting from scratch. Either way, it's your call.

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

the problem would be the learning curve to continue the existing ASP.NET development, so it will most definately be faster to get it done from scratch in PHP for you guys who are good at PHP.

We already have all the requirements of the new site as well. Just need to pass it over to the new web team... :)

9. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

i know php but basically i'm not that skilled so i wonder how can i contribute......:roll: :wall:

10. Adrian Wong

And don't forget, we need to be able to port data from our current MS Access database to mySQL if we move to PHP.

11. yhng

yhng Newbie

What's the timeframe? I can help out whatever I can in the mean time since I'm just caught up with a minor project and job hunting. I guess learning ASP.NET won't be too difficult since it's OO...similar to Java.

12. Adrian Wong

Timeframe? Well, we need to get the backend out ASAP since it's been long-delayed.

Hmm.. The backend is a little complicated because we are trying to implement our new hub system.

So, I think it might be better to reprogram it in PHP if you are more familiar with that. :think:

13. Adrian Wong

Incidentally, if we go PHP, other programmers like wilfred will be able to help out in this project. :think:

On the downside, we need to be able to port our current data to mySQL. :think:

14. yhng

yhng Newbie

Hehe...your call boss

15. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

true but not quite, there is a learning curve and I would rather not have the backend be a 'experiment with a new language' like what I've done with the current backend. :haha:

so, that's why we would prefer programmers who's already good with what they do to take over. not half-cook programmer like me... :p

16. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. I think I better have a meeting with the team and Wilfred. Let's see what our capabilities are before we move either way.

So, do let us know what you are capable of; and what you are not. That will make it easier for us to determine the best path to take. :think:

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i understand what peaz meant..
    even me i'm trying very hard to understand .NET but it still gives me headache

but i can understand ASP pretty well :haha: just lack experience ...

18. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yup agree with zy i did ASP.net before but more on mobile platform. Will the moving of database taking a long time ? If not really i will suggest we go for the PHP with mySQL :thumb:

19. yhng

yhng Newbie

How many here are comfortable with PHP and MySQL btw? At least it'll be good to find out first before any options are decided upon.

20. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's get an idea of everyone's expertise in PHP or ASP.Net before we decide on the best path to follow.