We Need A Programmer

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 4, 2005.

1. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

well i'm pretty ok in MySQL just the basic queries and stuff....

1 person likes this.
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey hyper_raider,

We are going to have a meeting tomorrow night in Ikano Power Center. You want to come along?

The key issue is the long-delayed backend and whether to go PHP or complete it in ASP.Net.

3. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

I don't think he can make it, Adrian. His dad's having a birthday dinner.

4. Adrian Wong

Who?? hyper_raider or Wilfred?? :confused:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Should be hyper_raider I think. :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Oh, I didn't know. :think:

7. yhng

yhng Newbie

Well i'm pretty ok with PHP and MySQL since I've been working on a long term project using those. Wont call myself a pro though.

8. Adrian Wong

Cool! Well, are you familiar with MS Access as well? Because if we move to PHP, we will need to port the data over to mySQL.

9. yhng

yhng Newbie

Well there's some perl scripts that convert MS Access MDB files to MySQL dump files...but I don't have much experience on MS Access though :?

10. wilfred

wilfred wilfblog.blogspot.com

Whooooo!.... now that i've gone fulltime freelance doign web dev/design... :) i've got plenty (enough to sit around starbucks just for fun) to work on other projects that i haven't had time to previously :D

Have done quite a few projects that involves php + mysql... so i'm quite familiar with it. porting over is not a problem... can probably write some automated thingy-ma-gik so that it involves minimal human interaction....

I'm pretty stoked about this project... (might be effect of caffein from starbucks).... :think:

11. Adrian Wong

HAHAHA!!! Let's get this show on the road and complete it!!! :twisted:

12. Adrian Wong

Just to keep everyone abreast with developments, we have just concluded our discussion at Starbucks.

We are going to go with PHP and mySQL. And Falcone will be working on a new layout for the site.

Since he's over here and has been fully briefed on the requirements, etc., wilfred will be in charge of the backend's development.

So, yhng, he or Ken will brief you on how you can best help us in the development of the new PHP backend.

13. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Rather belatedly, I'll clarify -- Hyper.

14. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! I know. Chai told me during the meeting. :haha:

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! Definitely wasn't me since I don't visit the forum as much as I used to...

16. Adrian Wong

Huh?? I remember you telling me! :shock:

Oh well, the meeting's over anyway. :mrgreen:

Back to topic! :mrgreen:

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

There's always PHP & Postgres but then again, nobody here's familiar with Postgres, I assume. :)

18. yhng

yhng Newbie

Sure just drop me a PM and i'll see what I can wack up. Be warned though, my sig says it all.

19. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! I will be doing a LOT of praying then!! :haha:

20. wilfred

wilfred wilfblog.blogspot.com

postgres is good too..... i have not had a chance to deal with websites that draws 10k hits a day... so not quite sure what are the performance differences between mysql and postgres. Anyone?