webcam recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by aKho, Dec 30, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

last night around 8pm, i had my sister in Russia and my brother in Singapore connect through skype. my parents was in my room and we had a three way chat for over 2 hours. it's the first ever family get together online. we never talked so much or that long before... :oops:

which brings me to webcams. i'm planning to get 3 webcams, obviously one for my sis and my bro.. so we can do video conferencing as well the next time we chat.

the model i was looking at is the logitech quickcam express which retails around RM79 in Lowyat. being really new to webcams, i was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations... would appreaciate it highly.

:mrgreen:

2. LunatikBunnie

LunatikBunnie Newbie

The basic RM60-80 cams are already ok
    the difference between expensive cams and such aren't great, they're just the durability. and maybe a tinge of quality difference. This, of course, implies only on BRANDED webcams, not ones that you buy from some unknown dealer with dark glasses offering some unnamed webcams to you >.>

1 person likes this.
  3. aKho

just came back from window shopping..
    notice v-gear and benq brands under RM100.. :think:

4. LunatikBunnie

LunatikBunnie Newbie

100's are not bad.... the 60-80's for the mostly "USUAL" cam users... if you're goin hardcore for the camming you CAN get the 100's since they run better long termingly(is that even a word?)

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it depends. do u plan to do tiger show in front of the cam? if yes, get a better one so the chicks can have a clearer view..

6. LunatikBunnie

LunatikBunnie Newbie

*cough cough* it's a family webcam group conversation*cough cough*
    no tiger shows

7. aKho

:faint: :faint: :faint:

8. zachig

zachig Newbie

I say, go for the "Logitech Quickcam". It will fit your needs just fine!!!
    I have one for almost two years and I'm pretty satisified with it.
    Of course, you can always go and buy a much more expensive model from Logitech and/or any other company. ;)

9. LunatikBunnie

LunatikBunnie Newbie

I'd agree too.. but its quite fragile though... i had a friend who was quite clumsy with it dropped it from table height and poof, its gone.

10. aKho

ok, logitech it is then... thanks :whistle:

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

any cheap webcams will do if you dont need the webcam software :)

12. luqman

luqman Newbie

i'd say

i'd say any logitech pro cam will do :lol: :thumb:

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

it really depends ...
    getting a branded webcam .. installation for the dirver is much easier..
    like QuickCAm Express .. Windows XP have the driver for it .. .. but quickcam express image quality is very poor .. even a handphone can beat it :roll:

if you go for cheaper ones.. no brands.. but their image quality can be as good as high range logitech but drivers can be a problem ..