Webhosting

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by crashagn, Aug 26, 2006.

1. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

Howdys yall.. i been gone awhile.. to much work thought i would stop back by. Ohh i did have a question and didnt really know were to ask it. For the past 6 months our webprogrammer that we have hired for the last 3 yrs or so is getting slacky. I have no knowledge of phpnuke and or http programming.. and my skill level stops with hardware side of things.. (Overclocking/registry tweaks/etc)
    But back to the main question.. For the last 6 months all i have been asking is for a simple full paged sized calendar that would post game battle dates, that i could open up for others to also enter in dates of up coming events. I think were using PhpNuke 7.8 or 7.5 not sure. But i have been getting a big run around. He says i need to look for the program so he can install it????? Well ok.. so the last 4 programs i sent him That were made for Php Nuke and the most current module plugins he says wont work. Now iam really getting buggered. And also its getting annoying to remind everyone what dates we have league matches on. Does anyone have any info so i could just host a Calendar program from a spare PC? Any information would be most usefull

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

3. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

I was wanting the calender to look full paged.. like this

http://www.clannightstalkers.net/modules.php?name=Calendar

but beable to host it from my own spare pc.. and beable to let anyone to edit in dates for other events.. My whole system stays on 24/7. It wouldnt have to be a php calender.. as long as anything would work. And as long as you could view the whole month on the calender and view the events scheduled without having to click on that day to see them? is thier a calendar out thier that is available for users to beable to set yup without having to spend 2 days trying to learn code?

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

5. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

i would like tohave no pop-ups.. and be able to run the calendar from 1 of my spare pcs. Just the thought of having no affilitatiob with any other company liek google, or others. but would rather have more full controll. also is thier a webprogram that that will run on xp home? i know xp pro has 1 included but thats my gaming pc that its installed on