What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SAFETY, Dec 3, 2007.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

PC games so expensive. Nowadays I just play games on iPad.

PSU died a few days back so it's really iPad-only gaming for me.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I buy many PC games from the Steam nowadays too. When there's the deal week, some of the games are 60-75% off! :D

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

PC games are cheap compare with most console games. Yeah, and you can get really great deals on Steam sometimes.

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah on Steam there are many good deals.

new games on the other than are not found on Steam and only found off the shelf, :(

5. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

That game is easier than angry bird :mrgreen:

7. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

Yes, PC games are pretty cheap if you're willing to wait for the price to drop. I rarely pay more than $10 these days, and mostly $5 and under. Picked up Prince of Persia for $5 on the Steam end of year sale and have been enjoying it. Also bought the latest City of Heroes expansion for $10 to see what's new in that game, an MMO which I played in the past. I probably won't re-subscribe, even though it's a fun game, since I don't have enough playing time to make the $15 a month feel worth it.

8. omegadoom13

omegadoom13 Newbie

yup, I agree with a few posters on waiting for the price of a hot PC game to drop before buying. I've been using my sister's computer to play a few low graphics demanding games. My computer is over 8 years old... I will definitely start a new build within the year. I can wait, which is a good thing... I've been thinking about waiting for IVY BRIDGE release later this year/early next year.

9. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

Eight years old? Wow. You've been missing a lot of gaming, then. Don't know what hardware you have, but I imagine that anything you buy will be faster. No point in waiting for some specific hardware to arrive. Just buy a $100 CPU, $100 graphics card and play some games. If you want to wait for anything, wait for the next Steam sale. :)

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, no point waiting for the next-generation hardware unless you are completely satisfied with the performance of your computer and the games you play right now.

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Lol, i'm mainly on consoles these days :p...playing ACE:R (ps3) and NFS Hot Pursuit on PC :D

12. JTech

JTech Newbie

After 3 years I just quit World of Warcraft. Where did all the time go. I feel cold...

13. Adrian Wong

I just started on Fallout New Vegas... and loving every minute of it! Oh, I'm so dead... :wall: :wall: :haha: :haha:

14. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Still on Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2.
    Waiting for Deus Ex...
    Too many games, so little time to play :(

15. JTech

JTech Newbie

Just started Mass Effect last night. So far it's great, very well done. I'm confused by some of the controls and the upgrade systems but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Make sure to follow it up with Mass Effect 2... :thumb:

ME3 is coming out later this year. :)

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You're so dead... :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

Yes. Haven't been playing for a week or two, even though I have a month play time of City of Heroes that will end soon, and I barely played. I hope to dedicate some time to a respec but I'm not sure that'd happen.

Been playing with Drupal a little and wasting too much of my time on browsing the web, as usual.

19. JTech

JTech Newbie

I definitely will. If it's anything like the first I'm sure I'll like it. Still have a lot of stuff in my queue to play as well.

20. Adrian Wong

I was dead to the world for the last few days, deep in the world of New Vegas! :haha: :haha:

I'm almost Level 14 now and have just started to branch out to Energy Weapons. Actually found the Q-35 matter modulator and the Laser RCW in my last session. :thumb: :thumb:

Today, I made it a point NOT to play. Otherwise... :haha: :haha: