What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SAFETY, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm trying not to play Civ 5 again... and not to start on BioShock 2 yet. Time killers!!! :wall: :wall:

BTW, how was BioShock 2??? :wicked:

2. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I very much enjoyed the game, in my personal opinion the changes made between Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 only made the game better gameplay wise.
    I know people really hated the gatherings, but I found it fun trying to setup the perfect defense for the little sisters especially for that elusive no damage taken trophy. :wall:

How is Civ 5?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Very nice, if you like these turn-based strategy games. Takes quite a hit on the system though, so you will need a pretty good graphics card to run it. The really bad thing about it is the slow loading time - it takes forever to load a saved game!

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Sounds interesting!

I decided to put off enslaved until the PSN is back up, so I've started Ridge Racer 7.

5. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Interstellar Marines...

6. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, about half way through Ridge Racer 7. Still got an unopened copy of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and The Saboteur to finish.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'm playing LA Noire and waiting for The Witcher 2 to arrive. :)

8. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah man, I heard about that. I haven't had issues on my backwards compatible 80GB "fat" PS3 (MGS4 bundle) so far (knock on wood). It did freeze when I tried to access the store from in game though. :p

10. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

That is good to hear, I assumed that it was like all firmware updates that supposedly brick the console, Much Ado About Nothing.

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I doubt it is due to the firmware. Maybe the older PS3 is getting old, fans don't work as well, too much dust etc. My PS3 also started having such symptoms, when I was playing GT5, the fan kept spinning up, which has never happened before.

12. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I assume it is too much dust, I doubt it is the fans unless Sony is using really cheap fans.

Might be time for you to open up your PS3 and clean it out and maybe apply better thermal paste to the Graphics and CPU chips.

13. Chai

Yeah, I think it's time for me to do that. I did try to use compressed air to blow the vents. But not sure is it effective.

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Maybe there's too much dust that you have to disassemble the whole PS3 :lol:

15. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I think using compressed air on the vents either does nothing(a.k.a side vent) or does more harm than good PSU vent. There is just no real good way to access the interior of the PS3 without opening the console up. :(

16. Chai

I had a visual inspection, the console is surprisingly clean!

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Portal 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

Want to play LA Noire but no PC release. :(

18. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Finished inFamous 2 and now I have started Assassin's Creed II.

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I just finished Infamous 2 as well as the witcher 2 (contemplating a second playthrough right now). Now playing Red Faction: Armageddon on PC. :)

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd