what career path do you all want to take?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brian, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

always wanted to be a pilot, but well, i'm now afraid of flying

then got into computers, was thinking of it until the dotcom crash and the fact that the IT industry here is in a slump and that there's too many graduates around and too little in jobs, well supply and demand in work

now i'm thinking of doing something which has something to do with physics......always liked physics in school........

in short, i'm lost on what to do :(

what about the form 5's here? ever thought of what to do after leaving school?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

1st off all, I aint a form 5 guy.

I went through your probs too once. But I came to the decision, that I'd take Business Admin. With this, I can enter and change to any sector I want. True that doctors will do medicine, and pilots will fly planes, but no matter what, everyone needs people with business background. :thumb:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm just as lost as you... :doh:

4. Brian

Brian Newbie

nah i would say form 5 is the decision year.......at least that's what my relatives keep hammering into my head :shifty:
    since there's so many form 5 ppl here thought i wanted to ask their opinions

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

To me, SPM really aint too important. I sucked on my SPM. :haha:
    All it does, is let you go into a college or a university. Its there that you must work hard. :mrgreen:

But you have to decide what it is you wanna do. Business is always the safe route. :thumb: I plan to try and get a job with a computerish type of company. :D

6. Mike

Mike Newbie

i'm lost too.

and the sad thing is i've been in my computer engineering course for 1.5 years and i'm now thinking about changing :doh:

talk about wasting time. well, avoid anything with too much maths and physics involved. i wanted to get away from this boring stuff but it seems if you want to do anything telecomunications / engineering / IT related there will be lots of maths and physics...

if you don't enjoy maths and physics, chances are you won't like it iin uni either, it takes away all your time and while your friends are all goin out and having fun you're sitting at your desk and studying something you don't even like...

shiz... what should i change to... :whistle:

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

haha to those of you who jumped into the IT Bandwagon. better polish your skills, be specialized. better be good in 1 or 2 then being average on everything.

survey the market also......

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

same here... :wall: :wall: :wall:

9. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

be a mortican..always in demand

10. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

choose mechanical engineering, very easy to get job :mrgreen:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, ideal for Dasky and Jinongman whom have a thing for cadavers... :sick:

12. hyper_raider

jeez...tats sick...hehehehehe

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

What can be said? Its in their nature... :sick:

14. hyper_raider

but being a mortican can make money u know...everyday there are ppl dying.......so u are always in business.....if u think logically

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmm. Maybe I'll make a funeral home when I grad... But then, I dont want to get the risk of my staff molesting the cadavers :sick: . I'll get my ass sued to hell. :snooty: :naughty:

16. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

being a mortican have to be strong in chemistry oso rite ?
    so i cannot aa... sigh...
    hmm... i thought of becoming a lawyer... ermm.. or taking up something to do with property and construction ... or survey.. sth like dat...
    i have narrowed it down to these few options..
    cuz i figured i suck at everything..
    and of cuz there's a chance of me fucking up doing those courses...

17. plasma

plasma Newbie

take electronics......

pretty wide area to explore on.... the whole market is basically expanding all the time.... the field is so wide that engineers usually only have slight ideas of what other department engineers do....

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i want to be a magician :wicked:
    a wicked magician :wicked:

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Magician? What will you make disappear? :wicked:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

dashken's MX mouse :mrgreen: