What do you like about your country?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by goldfries, Jul 15, 2003.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

since ARP is expanding, i'm sure there's more people coming in from various parts around the globe. so here, the intention of this post is for people to share about what they like about their country.

:D yeah, do mention the nice tourist spots or what nice things to look out for. you'll never know you'll boost the tourism industry of your country.

just the good things about your country.

I'll start off with what I like about Malaysia, the FOOD. i guess that's what we're best known for. having FOOD available for almost 24hrs.

for more details on M'sian food, please visit our The Perpetual Roti Canai Thread by clicking on the link below
    http://forums.rojakpot.com/viewtopic.php?t=88

2. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

SG is best known for its airport,medical hub etc :dance:
    offically ranked 1st for many yrs.

we have also have 24hrs food,clinic etc

always hunting to be best in the world..

when we r just a tiny dot country on map

3. goldfries

LOL. the thread is not asking what you're country is best in.

the thread is asking what do you like about your country!!!!

kindly read properly before posting.

4. drab

drab Newbie

spain.the food,the drink,the weather,the women,the med,everything :lol:The view from where i live :dance:

Attached Files:

5. goldfries

Drab, your post is a very good example of remaining within topic and yet very informative. now that's a beautiful scene. did you snap that pic out of your own (non-M$) window/house?

i'm looking forward to read more posts. really hope this will be a very informative thread. :D

6. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

to add on ..

no natural disaster. :clap:

7. drab

drab Newbie

The snap was taken by pro a couple of years ago from my garden,to use in local mag :lol: maybe should mention,the rock in the middle is gibraltar,the hills in the back north africa :dance:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The food of course... and also nice tourists spots like Bukit Tinggi, Genting Highlands, Cameron Highlands, Pulau Redang, Pulau Tioman, Pulau Dayang Bunting, Pulau Langkawi, etc. 8)

Apart from that... we have many types of new year celebration as we are living in a multicultural/multiraces country like Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali, Christman, New Year, Moon Cake Festival, Bachang Festival, etc.

Last but not least... no natural disaster, no war, 24 hours food and also petrol station, good leaders, stable economy, etc. :mrgreen:

9. Gouki

Gouki Newbie

wow.... Dashken.... you almost stated everything that have in my mind.... :clap: :clap:

10. Ginglith

Ginglith Newbie

drab

your country is lovely. While my experience of Spain is limited only to the catalunya region, I think you guys got great food, beautiful coast lines and great football ! Oh yea.. cava is great ! sangria isn't too bad either.
    Bueno Muchachos ;)
    The BEST thing about malaysia though is food. IMHO, but things often overlooked is the relativel harmonious relationship between 3 different main races each practicing 4 different faiths. Tell me where else can you find a country like this ?

*gleams with nationalistic pride*

11. Gouki

Gouki Newbie

i agree to that Ginglith..... i like the way u post either in ARP :arp: or lowyat.net.... way to go dude.... :clap:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

same here.
    F00D
    mamak food :p

but i hate m'sia weather :evil: so hot.
    unless it rains everyday :p

13. Ginglith

Ginglith Newbie

Thanks Gouki, but that's only because I have too much free time. Once I get a proper job I'll spend less time posting.... hopefully !

14. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

zue, if it rains everyday we have to sit boat to KL instead of car.
    you know how bad is the water drainage system in KL.

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Cannot rain everyday la. My house is just beside the river!!! :shock:

Go and buy air-conditioner zue! :whistle:

16. goldfries

stay within topic. good things ONLY.

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

FOOD!!!! my cousin have travelled around the world and still misses Malaysian FOOD anytime!

18. tyssxp

tyssxp Newbie

rain during the night enough.....more comfortable to sleep
    well same with the majority here..food is best....
    many types of food from around the globe (most of them) can be found in Malaysia and best of all u are not alone when u eat outside later than 1 am

19. Nerd@133FSB

Nerd@133FSB Newbie

Hmmm... I like the nightlife in malaysia.....
    I mean mamaks, not discos..... :shifty:

I like the way that it is still crowded (in some places... :think: ) after midnight! woot....! :drool:

20. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Although I am not an American per se, I however have been here a while to know this country (USA) a little.

Allow me to share some "good things about USA".

Well, the West Coast has probably the best weather of all America. The sun is bright and yet the breeze is just cooling and the best part is that you do not sweat.

I especially would like to point out the diversity in California, the State I am currently at. Although the food cannot even begin to rival the Malaysian scene, I think it has its own merits. Foods such as a melting pot of Korean, Japanese, Mexican, Carribean and local American have all come together to bring out a flavor unlike what I have sampled. It is fantastic.