where are the free hotspot areas in your country?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sunsetbay, Dec 22, 2005.

1. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

... for free wireless internet access using laptop or PDA wif wifi.

for S'pore is almost all Macdonald's outlets have free wifi access. what abt your country? think this info will be good for those that intend to travel and bringing their laptop along. :wave: :wave:

2. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

no response.... :doh: :doh:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Most starbucks here has free WiFi access :) In fact, in city's like Penang, KL and PJ, you can pretty much find free WiFi access in quite a few places too.

4. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

that's good man! :clap: :clap:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Besides Starbucks, where else got? :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not all Starbucks outlets have free WiFi access. You best ask them before you plunk yourself down at a table. :mrgreen:

Most other places like Delifrance and Coffee Bean provide TMNet Hotspot access, but you need to pay for it.

7. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

is it a common site to see the customers using their laptops at the cafe?

8. Adrian Wong

Oh, it is very common for people at cafes to use laptops! :mrgreen:

I wish there are more places that offer free WiFi Internet service.

Oh yeah, the hawker center Ming Tien has free WiFi Internet. And so does the Melaka state legislative building (I think) at Ayer Keroh. :think:

9. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

I saw the signage on hotspot in the food court located at the basement of Low Yat Plaza, can someone confirm this?

10. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

btw, is there any PDA phone with built-in wifi?! :wave:

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

xda ? o2i ? .. not sure :p

12. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

yup, the O2 XDA's have built-in wifi... the O2 mini doesn't but you can get the SD wifi card for it. the new Atom model looks delicious... :mrgreen:

13. Adrian Wong

TMNet Hotspot? You need to subscribe to access it. :think:

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

or buy those prepaid cards that will last you for a month i think :think: RM30 if not mistaken :think:

15. Adrian Wong

Subscribing to TMNet Hotspot costs only RM 10 per month. :think:

But it doesn't look very reliable. At least from what I see when some people use it. :think:

16. I have yet to see a free wifi place here in manila. :? You have to pay first to get a password be it starbucks, seattle's best, coffee bean, etc.

The only place I've been to that had free wifi service was surprisingly in our family's hometown of Naga City. :shock:

17. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. You just need one of those cafes to start offering free WiFi for everyone to follow suit. It really isn't that expensive to provide free WiFi. :think:

Oh yeah, some cafes in Pacific Supermarket in Prai, Penang offers free WiFi too. These are just small cafes, not large chains like Coffee Bean or Starbucks.

18. I know, but for some reason they charge you for it. Ironically, I don't really hear anyone complaining about it!! :nuts:

The other odd thing is that the place where I found that free wifi service is in our province which is just a small city!! :shock: :shock: :nuts: :nuts:

I really find that weird. :shock:

19. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Yeah, that's really funny. :mrgreen:

Maybe you can drop suggestions to Starbucks about providing free WiFi access like they do over here. :mrgreen:

20. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie