where can I find "ANY" key?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ZuePhok, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

2. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

damn, who ever wrote this must be a genius! :thumb:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO!

For the really thought processing impaired... :p

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I wish my keyboard has any key so all I need to do is just keep pressing the key and what ever is in my brain is typed out!

6. redness

redness Newbie

Hahaha! True ture.
    But what really confuse me last time was the "Return" key, untile today there are still games and application still use the message "Press the Return key."

Took me a while to figure out Return Key = Enter key.

7. AAY

AAY ARP Reviewer

It's a throwback from the old typewriter days...typewriters used the Carriage Return lever to move the carriage back all the way back to the left of the paper. This generally advanced the paper to a new line as well..

8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Makes me feels so old :faint: :faint: :faint:

9. strawroot

wah i never knew the existance of an "return key" hehe

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I remembered it from the typewriters my parents had and my uncle and the car dealerships. :D

11. strawroot

typewriter is an antique now...

12. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

When I got my first real computer back in Nov 98, I was a 100% newbie. And when I first started it and tried to install my first program when it came time to register it, after I typed in the first field... I became "stuck"....:wall: :wall: :wall:

So I call up customer support,,, And then I "learned" what the TAB key was for....:doh: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

last time don't even know how to install a modem :haha: :haha:

i was such a noob!!

14. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

LOL.... noob-est qn i ever seen..

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I dunno how to format hard disk... have to ask my friend to format for me then only can learn...

One more thing, you guys should know MIRC right? I don't have a pc last time and I went to my friend's house to watch him chat with other people. :D

So, one night, me and my sis went to a cybercafe and wanted to play MIRC. We were so happy... when we managed to start MIRC... but we only saw one window, the console. We type connect, chat, hello, connect to penang, etc. , click everywhere... and couldn't connect. We were so pissed I tell you... :haha: In the end, we asked the cybercafe ppl to help us, we were amazed at how easy it was to connect. :faint:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hehe.. When I got my 1st comp in '94 (I was 8 at that time), I started the comp, and my brother told me that I shouldn't press DELETE in the boot-up screen because it deletes everything.

Later, I found out that the DELETE actually goes to the BIOS setup.

Format hard-disk? Well, that was an accident for me. Back in '97 (I was still using that 486 at that time) that comp was badly infected with that infamous Diehard-2 virus. So, of course it crippled many programs and in the fit of rage one time, my brother typed FORMAT C:\ and boom, everything in the HDD disappeared. Loading back the operating system in the comp took me 2 months when my pa sent it to a shop. :haha:

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Anyone remember a Terran campaign in StarCraft?

:haha:

18. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Haha sounds familiar...was it in Brood War or the original SC?

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think it is in Brood War :haha:

20. redness

redness Newbie

It make me feels really old when I actually CAN explain to my friend the other day what is EMS and 64K XMS.