Where to buy hardware in KL?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fiddler, Jan 27, 2006.

1. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

Hi
    I'm intending to build my 3rd system (this one for my 17-yr-old gaming son) and will be visiting KL soon, which seems to be a good location to buy appropriate hardware at keen prices. Just the small light components - mobo, ram and a graphics card. Maybe a HDD too. Can any of you locals recommend a reliable retailer in KL please?

fiddler

1 person likes this.
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think most retailers at Low Yat Plaza are quite reliable. Just find the lowest price and the friendliest salesman. :D

3. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

4. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

5. Chai

6. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Yea, a whole shopping complex full of electronics... Lots of choices. Just make sure you compare prices before purchasing anything.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Err.. That's the Low Yat forums, not the Low Yat Plaza forums. I don't think it's even affliated with Low Yat Plaza itself. :think:

8. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

can find price list there before going to shop..:mrgreen:

9. Adrian Wong

Unfortunately, the price lists there aren't always updated. It's often best to just go there and find the lowest price. :mrgreen:

10. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i got my rig at C-Zone in Low Yat. friendly bunch. highly recommend them... :whistle:

11. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

Thanks for all your help guys. :thumb: Am I right to think that manuals supplied to mobos there are written in English?
    fiddler

12. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i believe so! :thumb:

13. Adrian Wong

Most manuals now come in a multitude of languages, including English. It's easier and actually cheaper to print one multi-language manual than a whole variety of manuals in different languages.

Hmm.. Where are you from, fiddler?

14. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

I live in Hertfordshire UK, Adrian, about 30 miles N of London :|
    Thanks to all for the information :) What a relaxed friendly crowd here :mrgreen:
    fiddler

1 person likes this.
  15. Chai

Wow! From London! :mrgreen:

Would be great if we get to meet! :thumb:

16. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

Hmm... well, I'm not into gaming, or Ferraris, and I never overclocked in my long life, so you'd probably find me a bit boring Chai :)

fiddler

17. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

OK, which of you guys live(s) in or near KL? Do you like Vivaldi, Bach (JS and CPE), Handel etc? I'm in KL to play a couple of concerts in the Petronas Hall (Feb 13, 14), and might (can't be certain yet) be able to get one or two comps for one or both concerts. Coz I'd like to say thanks for the help and for hosting a great forum:mrgreen: Adrian I think is nearby. Chai, that really is Maranello Italy?
    But if you're into heavy metal then I understand and won't be offended;)

fiddler

1 person likes this.
  18. Chai

LMAO! That's the home of my favourite F1 team.

I'm born in KL, live in KL all my life. :D

19. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Whoa! A musician! Which instrument? Playing for the Philharmonic? :thumb:

20. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

Violin. I used to play in the Royal Philharmonic years ago! These 2 concerts in the Petronas Hall are given by the London-based "English Concert". Like I said, I quite understand if baroque music doesn't interest anyone! We have a lot of fun, and some of the music is pretty wacky, like the CPE Bach. Andrew Manze, the director, is a very good violinist and plays a good Vivaldi concerto, and goes crazy in the Geminiani "La Follia" variations.
    I'd better stop or Adrian might give me a bollocking for going OT ;)
    but if anyone's interested, send a PM perhaps, then he won't get upset.
    fiddler