Which card???

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Cyberwarrior, May 12, 2008.

1. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Personaly the 9800 sounds interesting... but the problem it's about the same performance... than it perdecessor... i think if for the moment you dont want any probs... take an 8800 series... (because the drivers for thoses are on an solid base) And as i heard about the 9800 the drivers are really... baaad ....

Personaly for the same price you can take an ATI card ;) Who i think have an better quality of image. AN 3870 X2 for the same cash would be an nice idea too ;)

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool on the ATI but on drivers bro :think:

Drivers for my card work well not sure on the 9800GTX ;)

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Erm, 9800GTX is based on G92, which is the same as 8800GTS, which isn't really that new. I don't see any driver problem.

Better image quality? In what sense? :p Video?

4. Mac Daddy

Well 8800GTX has been on drivers but seems they must have heard me new NV driver out :mrgreen:

GeForce Release 175

5. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Was an long time i didn't heard about Nvidia drivers but im glad to see Nvidia released new ones :) Hope it will fix alot :)

Image quality... in the sence (in games) like the textures AA and all this stuff.. maybe im outdated with this opinion ...

6. Cyberwarrior

Cyberwarrior BOG Translator

The more I read,the more I am leaning towards the 8800gtx.:roll: :think:

7. Mac Daddy

Six months from now you will disappointed you did. I would choose the 9800GTX ;)

8. Cyberwarrior

If it wasn't for the fact that,once you get it you can't get $$ back I would get them both.Benchmark both,and send the loser back.

9. Mac Daddy

8800GTX has been tested many times its old technology. The 9800GTX is the same technology but a newer card.

Your choice Bro :)

10. Cyberwarrior

I lnow :faint:

11. Chai

In most recent reviews I've read, there's practically not much difference in image quality. Plus there are tons of choices of AA settings to play with. AF has been improved since 8000 series, so both are very evenly matched. Using nHancer also allows SSAA mode, which is by far superior to newer (faster) AA mode, of course, the performance is quite low... :mrgreen: I use it to play old games.

Cyberwarrior: It's up to you, but honestly, you have made your decision, you are here just to get everyone to agree with your decision. :haha:

12. Cyberwarrior

I finally was able to get here, after trying for over 2 hours to get the page to open.
    I realize is my choice,but you tried to second guess me,and then you make me out to be looking for sympathy.
    Well I hate to burst your bubble,I chose the 9880gtx and my decision was based upon responses from here and 5 other forums I belong to.BTW check into forum,and try to determine what's up with loading speed.Order went out 5/13,for a total rebuild,$1422.20 tx and shp included.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  13. Mac Daddy

Hope it works well for you and on the forum sometimes it has slow downs like that I noticed it last night as well. Seems like they have it sorted now :D

14. Cyberwarrior

Yes much netter now.Thank you for your well wishes,and when I get it all together I'll post some numbers for 3d mark 06
    and Sandra XII,and anything else that will help the community.:beer: :thumb: :mrgreen: :clap:

15. Chai

Good for you then. You made the right choice IMO. :)

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Congratulations, Cyberwarrior. I think you made the right choice too. :thumb:

17. Cyberwarrior

Thanks guys for all the help.:beer:

18. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Hope you will have fun with your new rig ;):thumb:

19. Cyberwarrior

Thanks,the fun begins putting it together. LOL